DC Plastics?

Started by Prob, April 19, 2017, 08:08:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prob

Has anyone ever ordered replacement plastics from DC Plastics? The colors look a bit off, but I guess I could always respray. Thinking about ordering these.

https://www.dcvmx.com/xcart/product.php?productid=18023

PR
77 GS6 250

PR
77 GS6 250

Larry Perkins

They are pretty good but you can get like original from KTM World, the old H&H KTM.

Larry P

Bill Campbell

if you can find another option than DC plastics try them. I have just used a set of the side covers (not orange)on my MC5. Thought it was time to get back to something close to original as my originals were getting worn out and I had previously cut the part of the number plate off on both of them. As per most of the other DC plastics it didn't fit as well as the original. On mine the kickstarter gouged into the the plastic requiring the use of a file to help it clear the frame. Memo there is to check thoroughly before attaching. Not having the locating holes helps as if they are predrilled they do not match the frame lugs. Painting them are a bitch. They need to be clean, free of static electricity and connected to a higher power before the plastic primer adheres properly. Hope you can get the ones that Larry suggested. DC for me is the last resort.

skiracer

Well, depends on what you are going to do with the bike....  If you are going to race the bike they work great.  I have two sets of orange for my MC 5.  I decided that I wanted to save the original covers for the day when I put the bike up on a shelf.  So, now I don't mind if the covers get scratched.  Yes, you have to drill the holes for the mounting bolts, and my right side needed a little trimming where it fits under the tank.  Twenty minutes, and they were on the bike. For my numbers, I purchased a quality decal that has the proper colors of the background and numbers.  It is holding up great...  If you want to see what they look like, there are a couple photos out on the Facebook page.....

1976 MC 5 Original Owner
1982 Suzuki PE 175
1976 Penton 175 XC
1985 20' Hi Point trailer
1976 250 MC5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa

Larry Perkins

I did not notice you had a 77 GS6.  The ones I was talking about won't work on those.  There is a European supplier that has nice remakes but I am not sure if they have these.  Will try and find later and post.  http://www.pillondorino.com/  Here is one that should work http://www.vmx-service.eu/en/133-body-work-plastics

Larry P

454MRW

Al Buehner has left side NOS 77 GS6 panels listed on his site on the suppliers page under KTM plastic & fenders for $70. He also has a few NOS MC5 panels. Mike

Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1974 250 HS Pentons-1978-1979 MX-6 175 & 250 KTM's
1976-78 125-400 RM's & 79 PE250 Suzuki & 2012 DR650
2007 CR125R Honda
1977 MC250 Maico
Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1976 Penton MC5 400
1977 KTM MC5 125
1978 KTM 78 GS6 250
L78-79 MX6 175-250 KTM\\\'s
1976-78 125-400 RM\\\'s
2007 CR125R Honda
1977 MC250 Maico
2017 KTM Freeride 250R

wfopete

DC is kind of a step up from Maier plastic. Not a bad trade off between show and go but not OEM level.

Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good
Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good

rpage11

I bought a set of the DC plastics when I restored my 250gs. I didn't care for the fit and went with fiberglass.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/77-78-Penton-KTM-GS6-RIGHT-LEFT-SIDE-PANEL-175-250-400-Number-Plate-FRAME-COVER/350584676626

The plastic would probably hold up better for riding and I think I still have the pair I bought if you would like me to look I can.  I'll give you a good deal on them if I still have them.  Skip

Skip Page
Tucson, AZ
//www.robertpagearchitect.com
Skip Page
Tucson, AZ
www.robertpagearchitect.com

Dale Fisher

Pillondorino sells through distributors like Roberto at Parmabike and Andre Horvath.  Their products are made to order in quantity buys. Here is a link to Andre's page on side panels.  I have had excellent results with ordering from him (for skid plate, kickstarter, footpegs were unfortunatley orange - didn't read the fine print, plus other items).

http://www.enduroklassiker.at/en/279-side-panels

Dale Fisher
Penton Owners Group - President/Memberships
POG Merchandise
Mudlark Registry
Facebook - Penton Owners Group - Administrator
Facebook - Cheney Racing Group - Administrator
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

Todd Rovello

I have purchased DC Plastics fenders for a couple of restorations and have not been that impressed with the fit and quality. In my opinion their products are fine for a rider/racer. For a full on resto, you may want to see what else is available. I use them because they are the only game in town for my bikes but they take some trimming to fit and have noticeable dimples that stick out like a sore thumb if painted. My paint man smoothes these out with body filler prior to painting.

Prob

Quotequote:

The plastic would probably hold up better for riding and I think I still have the pair I bought if you would like me to look I can.  I'll give you a good deal on them if I still have them.  Skip

Thanks skip. If you still have them, I would be interested.

PR
77 GS6 250

PR
77 GS6 250

Prob

Quotequote:

Pillondorino sells through distributors like Roberto at Parmabike and Andre Horvath.  

http://www.enduroklassiker.at/en/279-side-panels

Dale Fisher

Thanks Dale. I'll keep checking his site.

PR
77 GS6 250

PR
77 GS6 250

rpage11

Quotequote:Originally posted by Prob

Quotequote:

PR
77 GS6 250

I'll did them out today and get back to you.

Skip Page
Tucson, AZ
Skip Page
Tucson, AZ

rpage11

Quotequote:Originally posted by rpage11

Quotequote:Originally posted by Prob

Quotequote:

PR
77 GS6 250

I'll dig them out today and get back to you.

Skip Page
Tucson, AZ

Skip Page
Tucson, AZ
Skip Page
Tucson, AZ

rpage11

Sent you an email through the site.  If you don't get it let me know. Thanks

Skip Page