North Atlantic round 3

Started by Rick Bennett, May 03, 2017, 09:03:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Bennett

The third CC race of the series is at Reynlow Park in Renoldsville,Pa this Sunday. Vintage and Post vintage hare scrambles along with kids racing in between for kids up to 15 years of age. Time to quit worrying about how much dust your hanger queen has on it and get some mud on a Penton?????? Classes for all types of bikes and age groups. Google AHRMA Mid Atlantic Vintage Racing for the Facebook page and check out Youtube for some action from past events. You don't need to be an AHRMA member, or young and fast, to ride.

fischercycle

HI, RICK I WILL HAVE MY THRUSTY 125 PENTON THERE,READY TO GO , THE ONLY REASON I DID NOT FINISH IN THE TOP 3 THE MUFFLER BEARING WAS NOT TUNED RIGHT,SEE YOU GUYS THERE AND GOOD LUCK AND BE SAFE, THANKS JAKE

Paul Danik

Jake,

At the York,Pa swapmeet I bought a Potomac Vintage Riders 2017 calendar...and what a surprise it was when I turned to the page for May and you are the object of the May photo. AND, what a GREAT photo it is, apparently taken when you were the Grand Marshall at one of their great and highly attended events.

It is very easy to see in the photo that you are apparently in the mist of giving your Grand Marshall's presentation to the assembled riders and fans. Your sincere fondness of the history of our great sport is very evident in the photo.

Possibly some one with the ability to scan and post the photo from the PVR calendar in this thread will do so.

Good luck to you and all the riders this weekend, I understand Conrad will be chase riding for you...:)

Paul

PS  I just can not say enough good things about the Potomac Vintage Riders and their group of hard working dedicated folks who put on these great events. THANK YOU Potomac Vintage Riders !

Rick Bennett

Jake
Are you at the shop on Saturday? I would stop by on the way to Reynlow.
Rick

Richard Colahan

My guess is dust will not be an issue at Reynlow...

Richard Colahan
1969 V1225
Upper Black Eddy PA
Richard Colahan
1969 V1225
Upper Black Eddy PA

fischercycle

Hello Rick I will be there after (2)O;CLOCK give me a call, 412 999 1143 ,AND RICH COLAHAN, YOU MY BE RIGHT ON THIS ONE, DON;T THINK SMOOOTH TIRES ARE GOING TO BE GOOD,OR LOW FENDERS,ALSO [:p] BETTER ADD A LITTLE MORE H.P. TO THE OLD RUSTY GIRLS, YOU ARE RIGHT PAUL DANIK,ABOUT THE POTOMAC VINTAGE RIDERS FOR THE WORK THEY PUT IN  JUST TO HAVE A LITTLE FUN ON SUNDAY FOR US YOUNG SENIORS WHO STILL LIVES THE GOOD OLD DAYS INCLUDING ME, THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES FOR ALL WHO HELPS PUT THESE EVENTS TOGETHER, JAKE FISCHER

Rick Bennett

The racing at Reynlow Park was surprisingly good considering all the rain and cold temps there was leading up to the event. The rain quit just in time for the first kids race before the Vintage CC. A challenging 4.5 mile course, some single track, some open, and lots of elevation changes with some mud thrown in made for a real workout. One of the favorite spectator spots is "the hill", a 45 degree, 200 foot climb with a sharp left turn at the top. You have to commit to make it or become the entertainment for the day. My little Six Day Penton had no trouble making the hill climb but the course zapped my strength. I ended up middle of the pack at the end. The bike ran flawlessly. Thanks to Jake Fischer for help with a couple parts during a visit to his shop Saturday afternoon. Shifting is MUCH improved with the shorter shifter he had hanging on the wall NOS since the 70s. Conrad brought out his Six Days for the only other Penton to take on the mud. Old guys riding old bikes rule!
Rick Bennett