Gas oil mix help

Started by Ajf, May 09, 2017, 08:36:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ajf

Hi,
I'm new to Sachs engines and want a good recommendation what to use and at what ratio on stock 125 5a with stock 1/24/153 carburetor with stock jets. Also what to use in transmission. Thank you

Rick Bennett

I am running 100 octane avgas and Yamalube R 32/1 for fuel with Spectro Golden Gear Lube SAE 80 in the gearbox.
Rick Bennett

Larry Perkins

In my opinion Rick is spot on it.  There are as many opinions on oil/gas mix as there are clouds in the sky however.  With what Rick says though I have had little to no failures over the years.  Also burns crisp and clean. In MX racing I jet for 40/1 is my only difference.

Larry P

Kip Kern

1 bottle of Golden Spectrol mix to 5 gal of 93 pump Octane = 50/1 and 700cc of BelRay Gear Lube 75 w in the transmission.  My preference!  So many choices, so little time!

Oldebonz

40:1 Golden Spectro concentrate,Bel Ray gearbox oil,700cc,I mix 50-50 unleaded 94 and 110 leaded NO ETHANOL gas, it's findable, your fiberglass tank will thank you by not springing leaks.

Dale Fisher

I use 4-1/2 gallons lead free recreation gas (90 oct) to one bottle Golden Spectro.  These were Doug Wilford recommendations.  700cc of Golden Spectro in the tranny.

Dale Fisher
Penton Owners Group - President/Memberships
POG Merchandise
Mudlark Registry
Facebook - Penton Owners Group - Administrator
Facebook - Cheney Racing Group - Administrator
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

Toolsurfer

I use the same stuff as Dale in My Hare Scrambler. Tried Maxxum, Yamalube,etc Not found anything better than Golden Spectro.

Gary Heath

I've always run Bel-Ray MC1 40-1 with Bel-Ray 80wt gear oil in all our bikes..very good protection
Quotequote:Originally posted by Ajf

Hi,
I'm new to Sachs engines and want a good recommendation what to use and at what ratio on stock 125 5a with stock 1/24/153 carburetor with stock jets. Also what to use in transmission. Thank you

Ajf

Thank everyone. I was researching and different info