Scott Brogan

Started by tlanders, September 03, 2002, 06:48:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tlanders

I want to thank you again for your help getting my new Mint 400 ready for Mid Ohio. I thought about you this weekend when I finally got back to tuning the carb getting ready for the next Nationals. I was sure I was running too rich even though I am using a 3.18 needle jet when the Bing book said I should be using a 3.22 to 3.24. The book also said to use a 185 to 195 main jet. To lean it out, Saturday I dropped the needle to the top notch from the middle and put in a 190 main. I could not believe the difference it made. Now it wheelies in third as I thought it should. Then just for insurance sake, I took off the 17 oz weight on the new PVL ignition and now my Mint 400 is a real tiger!!!!! I want to thank you Scott because the the JB Weld job we did near midnight before Mid Ohio held together and I have taken out and put back the screw many times and it still is tight. THANKS!!!

Teddy

scott brogan

Just another day here in Pentonville or is that Penton-vellhalla Any way glad to hear that things are going good with you Teddy.
I'm thrashing hard to get ready for ISDT- reunion. Can't wait to hear your stories of south-america. Scotty

tlanders

Scott, My Chile report is on the Vinduro site: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vinduro/message/21334

Which bike are you preparing for the ISDTR? I get to ride my Mint 400 again this weekend in Moberly, MO in the MOVMX series. I love that course. See you in October, Teddy