Clutch Actuating Rods

Started by Kip Kern, September 04, 2002, 10:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rob w

I just measured the pushrods and ball out of my Dec.74 400 which is "75" model. It has the old style system with 2 rods. It is all in v.g. condition and Kip is right about the dimensions. 6mm x 108.15mm. So we're going with that as the correct dimensions for the old style, 2 rod. The steel will be analyzed by a professional to determine if the material used on the new ones should be O-1 or A-2 and I will have the ends and center portion of the rod tested for hardness so we can duplicate the originals exactly. They will be sent to a heat treating co. for hardening. I think that is safer in the long run than just heating it up with a torch and dipping it in oil myself. The cost for the materials is cheap enough and if I make 3 dozen or so, even if I have to pay for heat treating, the cost over all should be reasonable. My spare parts manual says on the cover it is for "75"+, The 2 rod old style then covers 175-400 thru 74 at least, and a lot of 75's. Making these is really pretty simple and some should be done in 2 to 3 weeks.

Kip Kern

Rob
Put me in for 8/10 sets.  Thanks for the R/D! Let me know when they are ready as I am building at least 8 KTM engines right now.  Do you want some $$ up front?

Dennis D

Rob, I could use a set for my 72 175 and a set for my 73 250. Ditto on do you need the money up front? Dennis [email protected]

rob w

Kip, Dennis. No deposit's needed.
I can include a 6mm ball with ea. set also. Does anyone know how the supply is looking for the long rod in the new style system?
Kip, I would like to contact you with questions regarding distribution. Thanks, Rob.

Kip Kern

Rob

Call @ 765-934-4821 after 7pm weeknites or anytime weekends.  Email @ [email protected]