VMD return and bikes to sell: KTM, Puch

Started by rob brown, June 16, 2017, 10:27:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rob brown

Hi folks,

I am happy to say I will finally make it back to VMD this year. I won't have a space, but will camp for a couple of days. I will have my enclosed trailer, and I am considering bringing a couple of bikes to sell. I would really like to bring back another Penton:) I will leave there and visit my sister in St. Louis, then on to my old stomping grounds in Lexington, Ky. Then I will finally make it back home to beautiful Smith Mountain Lake in Va. I may have room to haul for someone if needed.

I'm looking for interest and opinions about the bikes. I picked up an 89 KTM 250 that needs kickstarter work; gear stripped. $400?  I also have a 1972 (I will verify 72/73) Puch 175 enduro. It was stored out of the rain for years but motor won't turn over. I haven't tried to mess with it. Cool bike though, and a neat OEM headlight. I got it with a 75 Mint 400 as a package deal from the original owner. He could not find title(s) though. The DMV was no help, even though the Mint was tagged in 75. Pics available. Anyway, what do you folks think of the sell-ability of the Puch? $450? More is better:)  Trades for a Penton would be great. I can put some bucks in too, for the right bike.  

Looking forward to seeing everyone again!
As always, thanks for any input!

Dale Sonnenschein

Hi Rob, can you send pics of the puch please?
[email protected]

Thanks

75 husky wr250
73 Husky 360 WR/RT
78 husky cr250
83 husky wr250
84 husky wr400
10 ktm 250xc
02 bmw r1150r

rob brown

Will do asap. I am working this weekend, so it may be sunday evening. Thanks.

johnacapp

Rob,
Interested in the 89 KTM 250 can you send pictures?
John Capp

firstturn

Rob,
Could you send me some pictures of the 400?  Thanks.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

rob brown

John, I didn't have your email address, but I did send a PM.

Ron, I sent a couple of pics of the Mint.

My goals for the weekend: Sell/trade both of the bikes, purchase a runner/rider Penton (non-runner may work for me too), find 2 old PP headlights to go on walls for my buddy Marty Hensley and myself, bring the Mint tank to see if Mr. Penton will sign it, see/meet some friends old and new, have a great time. Sound like a plan?

If anyone finds those any of the above while there, I would appreciate a call/text to my cell:  540.815.8411.  Thanks! Looking forward to it. I will be driving up in the evening hours Thursday, making it there am Friday:)