Larry Perkins

Started by Steve Minor, June 30, 2017, 11:09:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Minor

Hey Larry...I just re-read this great story. It's one of my favorites.

http://www.pelicanguanomotorsports.com/1973penton100berkshire.html

Steve Minor
Steve Minor

ALB

Steve,

Thanks for posting this story.

Larry,

Wow! [:0]
I've known about your vintage racing and bicycle racing, never knew about your racing back in the "good o'l days". I'm glad that you recorded that event and it is being shared. It is also great that your name is in the "books".

Alan Buehner
Alan Buehner

firstturn

Great story and I was there and I too couldn't believe the last turn of the last lap.  It was wonderful to see the Penton win and to this day I still remember how Larry was doing everything right to ride the best he could with the ride he had.  Thanks Steve for the post.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Larry Perkins

Thank you guys!  I go to that website and look at the bike from time to time.  That was a big moment in my life and it became bigger once I rediscovered Pentons through this great group.  Thanks to Vintage I did go on to win 9 more National titles, 6 with AHRMA and 3 with the AMA.  Of my 10 Championships 9 were won on Pentons. I turn 63 this year and am not done racing and hopefully winning.  I hope I will always be that 19 year old kid grinning ear to ear in the Astrodome.

Larry P

Toolsurfer

Sounds like you really enjoy the ride and competition. I am gonna be 62 myself . Always like to hear a good Penton story and 9 times champ on Penton , that's a winner. Good luck and good health.