Photo shirts

Started by Doug Wilford, September 06, 2002, 03:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Wilford

POG members;
What is a photo shirt?  Hey, I never saw one till Dave Mungenast was parading around VMD with one on, it's kind of like a Hawaiian shirt only with pictures printed or woven in the material.  I think his was of the Colorado 500 people.   We have the opportunity to have the shirt made for POG members.  Thanks to Dave.   Here is the deal!!!!  Send a photo of yourself on or riding a Penton to the, POG P.O. Box 756 Amherst, OH. 44001  Even a good group picture of POG members will work.   When we have enough pictures to fill the shirt, I will send them in and in a few months we should have our shirts.  Color or black and white will be fine, I think!  We will put this on the home page when more information is available.  Kind of a neat idea to have your picture on a shirt, along with other Pentonians, or Pentomaniacs.   Hope we can have them done before May 03, it would be great to have them for our tour to KTM.

tmc3c

Hey Doug, Any size picture? Will the picture be returned? I have some oldies of me flat trackin" a 125 and motocrossing a steel tanker and riding a trials penton with the chrome tank? Now that I think of it can't you take a picture of a picture?

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Doug Wilford

I would not like to stick my neck out and say your pictures will be returned.   We had a small discussion at the board meeting and the consencious was they probaly would not be returned.  Sounds like some neat pictures, send the one that you think is best,so that you can recognize you in the picture.  I think that will make the shirt more valuable for all.

rob w

Hello Doug,
 Is this still in the works, how was the response. Sorry for my tardiness, can you still deal me in?
Thanks alot, Robert

Doug Wilford

The shirt plans are still active, we could use a few more photos.   Send them to POG P.O. Box 756 Amherst, OH  44001  
There has not been a deadline or production date set yet so if you want to be immortalized get those pictures in.   A good idea is make sure that you are recognizable in the picture.

tmc3c

Hey Doug,Whats the word on the shirts?

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Doug Wilford

Still on the back burner. Haven't had much progress lately, trying to get the photos together so the shirt will also tell the history of Penton in action.

DKWRACER

Geeps, if we had every member send their favorite photo we could have as many as 1000, kinda hard to silkscreen that many, would be neet ( dreaming again ) to have favorites (past champions) ie G.M. himself (Genady) as well as a few select champions surrounding John Penton himself, I would proudly wear that shirt, and remember there are others that forgot most of what I know.
PAST PENTON CHAMPIONS,  not to be forgotten

Tom....

Thomas Brosius

tmc3c

Hey Doug I Got a few goodies but I don't know how to get them to you and back to me again.Do you also know what happened to us getting some Penton jersey's made up? I searched thru our history and couldn't find the post so I know you are the man in the know, so What's up?

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Doug Wilford

Tom:
Just send items to me at POG  P.O. Box 756 Amherst, OH 44001    I am also the keeper of the PO Box so anything sent to POG comes to me.    I think it was Larry Perkins that was going to have those replica jerseys made.

tmc3c

Doug, If sent can you send back? Like the old saying The older I get the faster I was.And this is the only proof I got!

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Doug Wilford

Tom;
To insure you get your pictures back, go to Kinkos or simular place and have reprints made to send me you keep the originals.  Pau our shirt guy said he would return the photos, which is great but I have some now with no name on back?!? makes it tough to send back.

tmc3c

Doug, How many photo's & what size?

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

tlanders

Doug,

I could scan and email the picture of the 2002 AHRMA National Champs that we took in Waldo last month. (if you wanted it and emailing pictures would work for you) Rosemary has sent the picture to Al Buehner already for the POG newsletter. The picture is of Kent Knudsen, Kevin Brown, Dave Withrow, Mark Schmidt, Greg Troyan, and me. It's too bad Dennis Jones was not there to be included in the picture also.

Teddy

Doug Wilford

Teddy,
That would most likley be a very good picture to have on the shirt, but as I mentioned above I need prints.  Have Rosemary send a copy to the PO Box.
Tom,  Action shots are pretty much out, group pictures are good, the reason is the need to recognize the person.    Doug