1975 Mint 400

Started by Rocket, September 20, 2017, 11:34:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket

I am restoring a 1975 400, frame number 54-507 85641, the interesting part of this is the frame is a NON hi-breather with the oval tube laydown shock mounts.  Also there are no skid plate tabs or chain guard tabs neither.  Does not look like they were ever there.  Any body else ever run across one of these?  First one for me.
RCG

Larry Perkins

Rod,

I owned one back in "The Day".  Also a 400.  I worked at Odessa Sales and Rentals and we sold several brands including Penton.  It was just before the MC5's came out much like the date of the one you have.  It was a MX model with small white tank and the MX pipe but non-hi-breather with round tubes.  When I saw the first MC5 bikes and their frame I figured it was just one heading in that direction.  Had not thought about it or even remembered it till you posted this.  Won a lot of races on that bike including the West Texas Grand Prix Championship. In the many Pentons that have come through my hands since Vintage happened I have not seen another one just had not remembered it till now.  Neat! What pipe did this bike have and where did it come from?

Larry P

Rocket

Larry
The bike came from St. Louis, Bob Anderson collection.  The pipe had been modified with a super trapp installed.
RCG

Larry Perkins

Do you know what has happened to my old MC5 that was in those bikes?  Has he decided to kepp it or sell it?  Thanks Rod!

Larry P

Rocket

It is in the warehouse, how much you willing to pay?
RCG

Larry Perkins

I will messenger you Rod.

Larry P