TIRE CHOICE 77 KTM 125 MC-5

Started by Lee Brown, October 23, 2017, 03:38:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lee Brown

Anybody have some good advice on what tire choice that's out there to mount on a 1977 ktm 125cc mc-5 all tires that I have found are to large,
except the chen chen c755 4.10 anybody know how wide this tire is when inflated and how tall when new. any help would be great thx Randy....

skiracer

Hey Randy, I would find out the metric numbers from the tire.  Then you can see the relation between the height and the width, and maybe compare it to other tires.

1976 MC 5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1985 20' Hi Point trailer
1976 250 MC5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa

JP Morgen

I have found that only the big name brand tires are actually labeled correctly as for size, the lesser brands are all over the map. In my opinion, the Chen Shings are not good performing tires. I have found some "small" Maxxis tires that work well. Interesting fact: usually the lesser brands are heavier, even if a bit undersized!! Even though your bike is a 'vintage' 125, you may want to go with a Dunlop or Bridgestone full size 125/250F tire, they are light and perform the best.

gooddirt

Duro or VEE rubber brands, forgot the ID#s

400gs6

Vee Rubber, VRM109's They are from the same molds as the old Dunlop Sports. I've been running them on several of my vintage race bikes the past two seasons. Not only do they look period correct, they are a great compound. They work well in a wide variety of contitions
KURT FLACHBART