POG 50th. Anniversary event Amherst, Ohio

Started by Paul Danik, November 05, 2017, 10:37:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skiracer

Thanks Lew!

Quotequote:Originally posted by Lew Mayer

James, that trip should be worth making, if at all possible. The 40th anniversary event would be hard to beat, though.

Lew Mayer

1976 MC 5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1985 20' Hi Point trailer
1976 250 MC5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa

thrownchain

Paul Danik

Southrider,

I will be checking with Ted on that footage and will see what can be done to make it available. I would sincerely believe that nothing that Ted and Reb ever recorded was ever scraped. We had discussions years ago about the potential value of even the unused footage from the other DVDs that they made and the plan was to keep every bit of raw video. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Kip, and others.

The more the merrier...  The available display area will hold an incredible amount of machines and memorabilia and every item helps to tell the story. But even more importantly, just think of the smile that will be on John Pentons face as he looks over all of the assembled items and machinery, and most importantly the folks who have gathered together on such a monumental day in Penton history.

It is interesting how in the last year or so when we would discuss something about "back in the day" how John would often just shake his head and say "can you believe how long ago that was" !

To all, I have no crystal ball and most assuredly I can not tell you how this event will turn out, but rest assured all the stops are being pulled and I guess the old racing term WFO just might apply here. The committee of folks working together to make this event happen are totally committed to making it an unforgettable experience for one and all. I do have to say that is how the 40th was planned as well.

I spoke with Tom Penton at the Celebration of Life for Donna Penton and he was planning on attending along with Dave Duarte and Eric Jenson.

One other quick note about the 40th. We had a date set and had announced it, Jack called late one night and said we simply can not hold the event on that date as he found out that the big world class event was being held at Indy that weekend, super bikes or something. I stammered around a bit as I hate changing published dates but finally agreed to his logic. Turns out the Indy event was pretty much a gully washer and our event would have been as well, but the new date was absolutely perfect weather. I still thank Jack for that one...:D

Paul

SouthRider

Thanx for looking into it Paul.

I've brought it up every few years since the 40th, and since it has never been offered I started wondering if it got damaged or lost accidentally.

More than willing to buy a DVD of the footage - edited or uncut. I know it's a ton of work to put it together.

It really was a great event, and every time I looked up they were there shooting - even riding backwards in the parade on the back of Busick's "scooter".

_____________________________________________________________________________________

"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do almost anything, with nothing."

1972 Penton Berkshire 100
1983 Husqvarna 250 XC
2011 Jayco 31.5 RLDS
2009 Chevy 2500 HD Duramax
_____________________________________________________________________________________

\\"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do almost anything, with nothing.\\"

1983 Husqvarna 250 XC
2011 Jayco 31.5 RLDS

ALB

I did some checking on the master video discs that I have. There are 4 disc on the Penton 40th anniversary event that Ted Guthrie had put together. That's about 4+ hours of viewing.

These videos cover footage of the displays, the bus tour of the Penton buildings, the motorcycle parade to John Penton's House, the banquet, and a look at each bike that was on display outside.  [:p]

There is a lot of time involved for reproducing these that involves copying each disc, labeling them, and putting them into sleeves. If i can receive a commitment from 5 people to buy a set of these, then I will be willing to make up the copies. Price would be $30 per set and would include postage to anywhere in the USA.

I am offering my time to do this at no charge. All proceeds after postage costs go directly to the POG.

Alan Buehner
Alan Buehner

ALB put use down for a set. Dave & Diane Sanders. We have new Phone numbers. 812-830-9918 and 618-926-0256

thrownchain

Paul Danik

3putt

Al, MANY THANKS for your efforts here. Make a set for me please.   Nelson McCullough

Patton

Thank you , Alan. I'm in for a set.

Robert Patton

scott brogan

hanksie

SouthRider

I obviously would love a set. Thank you Al!

"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do almost anything, with nothing."

1983 Husqvarna 250 XC
2011 Jayco 31.5 RLDS

\\"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do almost anything, with nothing.\\"

1983 Husqvarna 250 XC
2011 Jayco 31.5 RLDS

ALB

OK everyone, since there is a growing interest in these, I will start getting them reproduced.  :)

The process for obtaining a set of these is as follows:
Send a check or money order in the amount of $30.00, made payable to: The Penton Owners Group

Mail the payment to:
Alan Buehner
5818 Detroit Avenue
Cleveland, Ohio 44102

Alan Buehner
Alan Buehner

Paul Danik

Greetings,

Here is an update / addition to the March 10th. event.

We will be serving breakfast on Sunday March 11th. inside the KTM building, starting at about 8:30. The concept is that this will allow for folks to remove and load their machines and memorabilia in the daylight and after a nights rest, instead of after watching the John Penton movie on Sat afternoon / evening. Plus, it will provide a nice way to conclude the event and say some unhurried farewells as we have our morning meal.

In the season of folks wanting to have "breakfast with Santa", we are providing the opportunity for all to have "breakfast with John" on March 11, 2018 as we celebrate the "First Fifty Years of the Penton Sportcycle"':D

We are asking that everyone have everything they need for their display of cycles and other items when they arrive. We can point out where you can set up, but we will not be able to supply tables, cycle stands and the like. If you wish to bring an EZ-up for your display there is plenty of height and area to do so.

We hope to have the KTM building cleaned out and back to "normal" by around noon on Sunday March 11th.

Paul