POG 50th. Anniversary event Amherst, Ohio

Started by Paul Danik, November 05, 2017, 10:37:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Danik

Greetings,

A more detailed agenda for the weekend is now available from the homepage or by clicking this link.

http://pentonusa.org/misc/agenda2.pdf

Paul

Daniel P. McEntee

Well, seeing as the Schnell Meister (Speedy Clausen) and Gary Richards are coming down from the great white north, The PunkinHead Posse will be there from St. Louis. My big brother Tom, nephew Chuck, myself and a friend, Jan Pott will be making the trip. Jan ran a local motorcycle parts shop and was a Penton Dealer back in the day. Looking forward to seeing old friends from ISDT Reunion Rides and enjoying the festivities, and getting to see and meet John Penton again.
   Type at you later,
  Dan "PunkinHead" McEntee

SouthRider

What say you Ohio natives about the weather for this weekend?

I plan on hauling 2 Pentons from Louisiana on Thursday in an open 3/4 ton truck with summer A/T tires.

Should I anticipate any problems?

_____________________________________________________________________________________

"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do almost anything, with nothing."

1972 Penton Berkshire 100
1983 Husqvarna 250 XC
2011 Jayco 31.5 RLDS
2009 Chevy 2500 HD Duramax
_____________________________________________________________________________________

\\"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do almost anything, with nothing.\\"

1983 Husqvarna 250 XC
2011 Jayco 31.5 RLDS

thrownchain

Weather channel forecast looks decent.

Paul Danik

454MRW

Weather Underground says one to three inches of snow on Thursday but by Friday it should be clearing off so by the time you get there late Thursday or early Friday you should be good. Mike

Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1974 250 HS Penton
1976 MC5 400
1978 KTM 78 GS6 250
L78-79 MX6 175-250 KTM's
1976-78 125-400 RM's
2007 CR125R Honda
1977 MC250 Maico
2017 KTM Freeride 250R
Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1976 Penton MC5 400
1977 KTM MC5 125
1978 KTM 78 GS6 250
L78-79 MX6 175-250 KTM\\\'s
1976-78 125-400 RM\\\'s
2007 CR125R Honda
1977 MC250 Maico
2017 KTM Freeride 250R

SouthRider

Perfect - thank Y'all

I don't mind a little cold or snow

Just don't want to get in over my head with the wrong tires

"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do almost anything, with nothing."

1983 Husqvarna 250 XC
2011 Jayco 31.5 RLDS

\\"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do almost anything, with nothing.\\"

1983 Husqvarna 250 XC
2011 Jayco 31.5 RLDS

G Ellis

How does the weather look for Saturday?

Paul Danik

Saturday and Sunday both sunny with the highs in the upper thirties. Free coffee all day to all who ride their cycles to the event  :D
The building is really well heated so no worries there.

Paul

Daniel P. McEntee

There was blowing snow in Elyria when we pulled into town tonight and checked in at the Hampton Inn. Gonna rest up from t he drive a bit and take a test run to the KTM building so we know where we are going tomorrow. The Christmas Story house is suppose to be near here so we may explore a bit and see if we can find that.
  Looking forward to the festivities tomorrow!
    Type at you later,
    Dan "PunkinHead" McEntee
     POG
     VINDURO

johnborn

The Christmas story house is approximately 45 minutes east of Amherst,  in Cleveland.

r3racer

First time poster here. Just home from 50th and all I can say is absolutely amazing. Had to be 100 pentons on display and hundreds of members, spectators, and lots and lots of riders and crew from back in the day. JP unanimously voted POG president. Bonus movie footage. Steel tank 001 002 and 003 together by the stage. Tours of the KTM facility and gift shop. I am sure others will post favorite moments but wow what a show. Complete Penton Overload. As usual, many many many thank yous out to the Penton family, the POG officials and volunteers, KTM ,and especially Jack Penton for pulling the whole thing off. Thank you all for the hard work and dedication. Hey Jack when is the next one? LOL

dennis brown

great event and great time!

dennis l.brown
dennis l.brown

Husky

We came up from Texas for the big 50th anniversary and were not disappointed.  Everything was first class.  The KTM tour was wonderful along with the personal interviews. The bikes on display, wow!! I actually got to put faces with some names.  Hats off to all the POG trustees, members and I'm sure numerous others who helped, it was absolutely exceptional.

1970 Hodaka Super Rat
1974 Penton Harescrambler
1983 Husqvarna XC500
1988 Husqvarna Auto
2004 KTM 450 EXC
1970 Hodaka Super Rat
1974 Penton Harescrambler
1983 Husqvarna XC500
1988 Husqvarna Auto
2004 KTM 450 EXC

Paul Danik

Greetings,

I don't know if John Penton and his cohorts celebrated their results after the March 10th. 1968 introduction of his Penton Sportcycle to the world, but I do know there was one heck of a party fifty years later to the day that more than made made up for it if they didn't !

Thank you ! Thank you ! Thank you ! To one and all who helped in any way to put on the 50th. Anniversary event and also to those who attended it. Somewhere in the area of 500 people came together on Saturday and filled the KTM provided facility to the limit, apparently drawn to it like tiny nails to a magnet, and the magnet in this case was none other than John Penton.

Paul

PS  Friday evening there was a group of folks working away at setting up the tables and chairs for Saturday. One of those folks told me Sunday morning that as he helped to place those chairs he thought to himself, "we aren't going to need all of these chairs" ! I'll bet the hundred or so folks who were standing thought otherwise :D