Side Panels!!!!

Started by DKWRACER, September 11, 2002, 05:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DKWRACER

Keep your fingers crossed, I just found a place in Colorado today who is going to make me some molds for 76 models, they will be in fiberglass and the MC5 style/3-hole mounting with the small rectangular inlet for the black/white MC5 decal, will have left and right sides !!! More to follow...

Tom Brosius
[email protected]

Thomas Brosius

bigdanracer

Hi Im very much interested. Please let us know how they come out.
Thanks, Dan   [email protected]

Posting 07/2002
Yucaipa CA.
Age 49, maintenance mechanic, two 77 Pentons, 250,400 MC-5s.
Posting 07/2002
Yucaipa CA.
Age 51, maintenance mechanic, two 77 Pentons, 250,400 MC-5s.

tmc3c

Hey Tom did you say that they will be making them for the 76 GS also?

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

DKWRACER

When I have the first side panel out of the mold, I will post to a web-site or email as a JPEG to any interested, would be interested to know if there is a difference between GS and MC5 etc....

Thomas Brosius

chris richardson

I'll take a set also.

Thanks,
CR

Larry Perkins

MC5 and GS6 have a little bit of difference in shape and bolt hole placement.

tmc3c

Hey Guy's have ya'll been to e-bay today?There is a 77 right side side panel. The guy says it has some hair line crack's,so it's got to be fiberglass! also the left side is there also but it is made by hoss and is plastic.

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Larry Perkins

They could also be the brittle plastic ones and be cracked.

Larry Perkins

Just put a set of NOS Falk sidepanels on ebay for those following this sidepanel thing that are interested.  They are the good plastic ones that were sold by HIPOINT.

Dr.2Stroke

Hello side-panel-constructers and users: I can deliver copies of all sidepanels made of fiberglass for pentons from 71 to 79,also rebuilted metalfenders for the steeltank models. metal fenders are not on stock,but i will see that guy which produces these parts in october 2002.there are lots of parts which are rebuilded,and i will list them on my website as soon as i had it fixed up!

DKWRACER

I saw my new molds yesterday and things coming along etc, first panel to come out in grey primer gel-coat by next week, trying to keep the costs down, thats why grey gel-coat only, more to follow etc....
Tom Brosius

Thomas Brosius

DKWRACER

Side panels have arrived and they turned out very good, they are available for $75.00 per set, I can send JPEGS and will post to the Rock Mountain website http://home.attbi.com/~ronnfranks/for_sale.htm

Thanks,
Tom Brosius

Thomas Brosius

bigdanracer

Hi Tom for some reason I can,t send a email to your address, so can you send me a mailing address for a set of side panels for my 77 400 MC-5 and I will send a check.
Thanks, Dan at [email protected]

Posting 07/2002
Yucaipa CA.
Age 49, maintenance mechanic, two 77 Pentons, 250,400 MC-5s.
Posting 07/2002
Yucaipa CA.
Age 51, maintenance mechanic, two 77 Pentons, 250,400 MC-5s.

Kip Kern

Food for thought.  Don't forget too that RPM racing offers repro fiberglas side covers, exhaust side, for the late "73" and "74 - 75" KTM's. Both GS and MC models.  Didn't want anyone to go through the expense and time to have these made!

DKWRACER

Chris Richardson, I tried to send you JPEGS to your email address from the members forum to no avail...Have you changed your email address?
Thanks, Tom Brosius

Thomas Brosius