Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Colahan

Richard Colahan
1969 V1225
Upper Black Eddy PA

Toolsurfer

yeah, he really wants $3600 in the notes below. Good luck

Richard Colahan

Regardless of what the seller WANTS...it is listed at NO reserve.
Seems to me a reasonable, fair bid could land a good looking desirable bike...

Richard Colahan
1969 V1225
Upper Black Eddy PA
Richard Colahan
1969 V1225
Upper Black Eddy PA

Bob Seymour

The seller put the qualifier in his notes admitting he made a error in the listing, and cant change it. As such, that bike will not sell unless the bids meet what the owner has indicated he is looking to get.

Larry Perkins

He can end the auction but if there is No reserve on eBay and it goes to the end eBay says it is a contract and it must sell.  If the seller refuses he will be in violation of eBay rules.

Larry P

Bob Seymour

Larry,
 I agree completely. The proper direction would be for the owner to end the listing. However,my point was,regardless though of any penalties Ebay "may impose", I dont believe the owner would let loose of the bike for a significant amount less than what he feels it to be worth.

Richard Colahan

I sent an Ebay Email to the seller suggesting that he remove the listing. His reply was that he tried, but couldn't...
Hopefully he gets a fair price for his bike...I see that bids have come up a bit to what may be fair market value so perhaps all will end well for him.

Richard Colahan
1969 V1225
Upper Black Eddy PA
Richard Colahan
1969 V1225
Upper Black Eddy PA

Daniel P. McEntee

He needs to call eBay. He sounds like me, a computer dummy, and just doesn't know how to end the auction, but it's done all the time, and he doesn't know how to ask.
   Type at you later,
    Dan McEntee

Richard Colahan

I agree...I tried 3 times to explain it...I know I've done it...but...he says "no". So...

Quotequote:Originally posted by Daniel P. McEntee

He needs to call eBay. He sounds like me, a computer dummy, and just doesn't know how to end the auction, but it's done all the time, and he doesn't know how to ask.
   Type at you later,
    Dan McEntee

Richard Colahan
1969 V1225
Upper Black Eddy PA
Richard Colahan
1969 V1225
Upper Black Eddy PA

Larry Perkins

Yes, you have to cancel bids and then end auction early.  The help feature walks a person through it.

Larry P

David Brown

I sent this fellow that exact advice ( to remove this listing, and relist with reserve or buy it now) several days ago, and got no response. I warned him that not going through with the sale would be a bad move. At this point, I just hope that someone who really appreciates it gets it - he has certainly had enough sincere advice.

skiracer

That is a lot of money for a bike in that shape......

1976 MC 5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1985 20' Hi Point trailer
1976 250 MC5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa