1973 250cc Gold Tank

Started by Pat Oshaughnessy, March 09, 2018, 05:18:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat Oshaughnessy

Does anyone know how many were made & how many are in the POG? [:p]

Daniel P. McEntee

I have one. I'm at then 50th anniversary party and d on't have the bike or frame number with me. From what I understand, the production run for the gold bikes wasn't very long and in later '73, the first '74 bikes with the short suspension, and then the first lay down frames came right after. Mike Winter knows this stuff by heart I think, and I think he owns the earliest frame number '74 frame. The first '74 bikes had the watermelon tanks that were red but the air boxes could be repainted yellow ones left over from the '73 run. That's about the extent of my knowledge sittin' here in the hotel room.
   Type at you later,
     Dan McEntee

Pat Oshaughnessy

I just bought mine. It was built inAugust 1973.  As i understand it they were only made from June thru October. Cant be very many. I sure wish i was there. Have fun! [:p]

SouthRider

There were 2 on display at the 50th. One was for sale - I was told the asking price was $4,000. It did not sell at the event.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do almost anything, with nothing."

1972 Penton Berkshire 100
1983 Husqvarna 250 XC
2011 Jayco 31.5 RLDS
2009 Chevy 2500 HD Duramax
_____________________________________________________________________________________

\\"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do almost anything, with nothing.\\"

1972 Penton Berkshire 100
1983 Husqvarna 250 XC
2011 Jayco 31.5 RLDS
2009 Chevy 2500 HD Duramax