I S D T Helmet

Started by Pat Oshaughnessy, April 18, 2018, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat Oshaughnessy

I know some ISTD guys are in POG. My son has been racing MX with a Replica open face ISTD helmet he made . He did this as atribute to all the ISTD riders. He won the 1981 Dist. 36 Cross Country SERies Novice Championship but never got to go to any 2 day Qaulifiers. My question is does offend any of you guys? Thanks for any feedback!

wfopete

Well first of all, it's ISDT. :)

Second I'm not an ISDT rider or have even rode a qualifier. I think the helmet is fine.  It's all about the spirit of the ride.  Obliviously he is passionate about the ISDT; ain't nutin' wrong with that. My 2 cents.

Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good
Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good

Pat Oshaughnessy

Sorry about misspelling Isdt     And now its ISDE! oh well!    Just wondering how guys felt about it. Thanks again for any input.[:p]

Tom Penton

Well, I'm a bit peeved I didn't save the many I rode with so I could send one to your son! (as a souvenir, not to ride with: unsafe after all these years)

No problem with me as a replica. Go for it!

Tom Penton
Tom Penton

Pat Oshaughnessy

Thank you both for your input. I just learned from my Son that the Motocross De Nations USA riders wore the same colore helmets. He is a Motocross guy & I was Enduro guy. He says its a tribute to both. Anyway if its OK with you guys its all good! [:p]

WVDingo

That's awesome. I would certainly like to see some photos of your son racing in it.

Mick Milakovic

Tom Penton's response.......there you go!

Mick
Mick

Pat Oshaughnessy

As you can see Im not good online. I will get my Son to help me & try to put up pictures.[:p]