1985 Penton Hi-Point PT-16 Trailer (PICS ADDED)

Started by Mike Brown, July 08, 2018, 09:18:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Brown

Here is a link to the add on Facebook updated to include the pictures

https://www.facebook.com/100001350752308/posts/1676403112414698/

In case you don't do Facebook here is the text of the add

1985 Penton Hi-Point PT-16 trailer

After much deliberation I have decided to part ways with my Hi-Point.  I have ordered a new trailer so I need to move this to make room for it.  For those of you that don't know about Hi-Point trailers these were distributed by John Penton  back in the 80s and early 90's, YES that John Penton! They are a Fiberglass shell supported by a steel frame and are very light.  They are known to have rust issues with the frame and that is why they have become quite rare.    If you follow me on Facebook you probably have seen the pictures from early this spring where I pulled the Shell and fully rebuilt the frame with all new steel.  After the rebuild all steel was sprayed with rubberized undercoating then the shell re-installed and new ¾" plywood installed.  The underside was then fully undercoated with rubberized undercoating again (3 gallons).  The drop axles that ere oem have been replaced with 3500# strait axles that have brakes on all 4 wheels.  This was done for 2 reasons, first the OEM axles are rusted out and need to be re tubed if to be used and the strait axels lift up the trailer to give more ground clearance and make it more compatible with modern trucks without a 7" drop hitch.  The pictures I have included show the trailer with the OEM Drop Axles still installed so you will need to use your imagination and add 3 inches of height to the trailer.  The trailer is far from perfect and has been used plenty over its 33 years but it is structurally solid and is defiantly a piece of history worth saving

$3000.00

The sale will include the oem Axles also,  a spare tire and 2 new and 2 one year old tires on the trailer.  The trailer has Weld Racing Rims and a clean Kansas Title and a copy of the owners manual.

The rebuild of the frame is fully documented with photos and I can supply those to interested buyers on request.

Initial contact via email or message on here or FB please.  [email protected]

Mike Brown

Sorry I didn't realize the pictures were not showing up on the FB post. This one should be better

https://www.facebook.com/100001350752308/posts/1676403112414698/

Mike Brown

Still have this, Awning has been reinstalled