72 Jackpiner Tail Light Mount

Started by Pat Oshaughnessy, July 23, 2018, 03:16:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat Oshaughnessy

I did a search & all the pictures are gone. Does anyone have a pattern for the rubber or the alum. Light & lic. mount? I want to make it as original as I can. Thanks for any & all help [:p]

Pat Oshaughnessy

I forgot to mention my J. P. was built in Nov. of 72. im using Alum. fenders.

Pat, I have 2  1972 Jackpiners, the one is Vin # {7-21159825)or Nov 72 and its about as close to original as they get. The other is Vin # 7-1058563 and as a Hi-Point tank. The tail light mount is just a piece of flat rubber about 1/4 thick. Looks like from Oct to Nov they made about 1262 175s. Check your number and we can tell how far apart they were built.  Also if you go to the Photo Gallery, down to next to last row, name is wrong, should be Sanders,  you will find pic's of my 175s. Rod Bush help me build the motor in sevice school for the Nov Jack. Ol Dave

Pat Oshaughnessy

Dave my vin. # is 7-21159739  Guess mine was built between your 2. I will look at the Gallery .  i have been looking at pictures but would like to get apattern for the rubber peice if any of the members have one before I try to make one. I think they  had alum. fenders til the 73s came out. Mine came w/ early Petty Fenders when I got it. I also have a Alum. MX tank Imay put on.[8D]

Pat, only 86 between our Jackpiners, could have been made the same day, came over on the same boat and now 46 years later, here we R. I'll try and get you a pattern tomorrow. Ol Dave

Pat Oshaughnessy

Thanks Dave its hotter than the hinges of hades here so Im only in the shop til 10 am or so. So no big rush.[}:)]

Pat I can,t send picks but the rubber is 12 1/2" high by 6 1/2" wide. Then 8" up it narrows down to 4" I have made them but without picks its hard to show you. Someone should have a pic as I've seen them posted.  Best I can do. Ol Dave

Pat Oshaughnessy

Thanks Dave I will make one from those specs. Should work fine:)

Joel Sybesma

Good morning guys ,newbie here. I just acquired serial #7-21159363 Jackpiner about a month ago and it has the Preston Petty plastic fenders and headlight # placard on it, would that have been factory or not?

Daniel P. McEntee

No, those would not have been stock. I don't think Preston Petty stuff had hit the market by the end of 1972. Good stuff to have on the bike if you intend t ride or race it. In '72 they were still coming with metal fenders on them.
  Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee

Larry Perkins

Joel, there was an enduro kit that had the Petty stuff in it that was available for the Pentons.

Larry P

Pat Oshaughnessy

Once again thanks Larry. I never new about that Enduro kit. My J. P. may have come with it when new. As an option[:0]

Joel Sybesma

Yes thanks for the information.If anyone has more info I am currently like a sponge soaking it up.