Marzocchi oil

Started by Kevin White, September 24, 2002, 11:15:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin White

I replaced the seals in the forks of my 76 Penton 250 with Marzocchi 35mm offset axle forks.Any ideas on amount and weight of oil for a novice rider(175lbs)?Any tips on spring replacement.Finally how long should the rear shocks be?Thanks for any info.Kevin

Bob

<< Finally how long should the rear shocks be? >>

345 mm.

Let's see - that's 13.5827 Inches

Bob

mad max

Kevin you want about 280mil 15w PJ1 or such like rear shocks 13.5" std but you may find 14" better NIGEL.

Mike Lenz

If its a mc-5 id stay with the 13.5 shocks. On the old frame bikes I use 15 inch shocks mounted upright right over the rear axle. Makes the bike sit the same as 13.5 shocks layed down. Vintage Iron has 35mm springs that are plenty long for your bike, may still have to trim them, or you could find a pair of air caps and run a pound or two if your forks are just a little to soft.

dirtbike

Regarding oil, I would use a brand that here in sweden is named Statoil Hydraulic oil 131. I think it's named Hydraway or something like that in US. Anyway it's Hydraulic oil 131 which is original in all Ohlin shock and forks. (They won't tell you so though). It works excellent in both shocks and forks. It's around 12-15w.
//B Hahn
http://www.mxbikes.com