Cylinder sleeves SACHS 125ccm

Started by Koen Cuypers, November 22, 2018, 08:13:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Koen Cuypers

Hi, does anyone have a reference list with part numbers of the cylinder sleeves (cast iron liner) and the matching type of cylinder?

Example:

1251/6 D GS
Sleeve: 0613 110 300
Cylinder: 0687 108 425

Thx!

firstturn

Koen, I will have to search my parts lists, but I do know I bought several 125 D replacement sleeves that Donny Smith had made up many years ago.  I will check later today.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

thrownchain

I have a couple of sleeves if anyone is in need of one.

Koen Cuypers

Quotequote:Originally posted by thrownchain

I have a couple of sleeves if anyone is in need of one.

...Interesting.
Are these original SACHS and for what kind of cylinder?

thrownchain

thrownchain

I have 3 sleeves. 1 is a Donny Smith DS-296 made by LA sleeve. The second looks to be Sachs,, no wrapper and the only mark is a capital A stamped on the side. The last looks to be for a 100 cc motor, no markings. I do have some pistons that could go with the sleeves if needed.

Koen Cuypers

I have made inquiries, apparently the shafts are not listed in the parts list.
Only the different types of cylinder, piston and cylinder head are described.
However, there is a SACHS order number on the original packaging.
Maybe someone has the shaft numbers with the corresponding cylinders.

Rick Bennett

Has anyone ever removed the cylinder sleeve from one cylinder and installed it in another? I have a worn out cylinder with good fins and one with broken fins on original bore.
Rick

firstturn

Rick I ask this question many years ago and the Late Dane Leimbach told me it was not a good idea and it had something to do with it sealing (metal wise) the first time it is installed.  I will see if I can find the post.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

G Ellis

Rick Bennett just have the broken fin cylinder repaired.

Rick Bennett

I have welded lots of fins and broken cases but this one is missing a couple large chunks in the middle. I would have to remove fins out to the top or bottom to have room to weld.

Mike Lenz

Anyone have a spare 100 sleeve or cylinder?