Ask John Penton to sign Number Plate?

Started by Jeff Koehler, March 06, 2019, 01:52:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Koehler

I had hear that if you send John something to sigh, he would be kind enough to sign it. I wanted my plate for my Jackpiner signed. Anyone know the best way to get it to him? Thanks.

Paul Danik

Hi Jeff,  

Yep, sure do know the best way...:)  POG meeting tomorrow night at the KTM building just outside of beautiful and sunny Amherst, Ohio....you can even get your picture taken with him as he signs it....

I know that really isn't that funny....:D  I am sure you live a distance away.

I would be glad to get it handled for you if you like. I can be reached at  [email protected]

John Penton always takes pride in signing items for folks. It is easy to see why he won the AMA's Most Popular Male Rider Award in 1960. I also read where he was voted the Most Popular Rider at the Jackpine at one of those events. Below is one of the neatest pictures I have ever seen of John signing an item for a fan.

http://www.pentonusa.org/GalleryServerPro/default.aspx?moid=9291&hr=1

He is a real stickler to sign items so that his name is readable, and he ALWAYS puts the date with it. When I see a tank or numberplate with his signature I always check the date and usually can figure what the location was when he signed it, such as Vintage Days or at a POG meeting.

Paul

Jeff Koehler

Thanks Paul I will email you. Really appreciate it.