Wanted early style Penton head

Started by t20sl, October 03, 2002, 10:58:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

t20sl

Need a short finned Penton 125cc head.  Not radial.  Also need electrical connector block
for a 1969.

Dennis Jones

I have a good one I would trade for your radial head. I can even bead blast it for you.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

Kip Kern

T20SL, Were you the fellow that talked about the 69 Penton having the short radial head and the steel tank with the screw off lid?  If so, don't be too hasty in replacing the head with a "butch haircut" style as some of those bikes had them!  Also, if the tank has a screw off cap, that is really rare too$$$$$$.  Just to let you know!  If you look at early pictures of John Penton riding the six days, you will see the head on the 69 that you mentioned!

Dwight Rudder

Weren't those remachined PUCH heads ?

Dwight Rudder
7 time ISDT / E medalist
7 time National Enduro Class Champion.

Kip Kern

Not for sure but Sachs offered them on the early military version of the 5 speed cast cylinder engine.  Also saw them used on the 152cc bikes, very trick!

Mark Annan

The earliest head is the straight fin "butch cut" type used with the iron cylinder

Then came the small radial fin head for the iron cylinder.

Some people also used the Puch radial fin head on the iron cylinder ( I have one)

Then came the large radial head for the aluminum cylinder

There is also a "Military" radial fin head that can be used on the iron cylinder.  It is from the 180cc military engine.  It is larger than the first radial head but smaller than the head for the aluminum cylinder.  These heads are ideal for the 152cc kit.  They have a larger combustion chamber, same diameter as the 152 bore.  I have a NOS one to go with my 152 cylinder and piston.

t20sl

This radial head is somewhat larger than the iron cylinder it sit on.  Also the fins look farther apart and thicker than the head on Kip's 152.  This one looks somewhat crude compared to the large  aluminum one found on 1971/2's.

Mark Annan

Most likely it is a Puch head.  Do you have a picture you can email?