Got Rubber Gas Tank Bushings

Started by rob w, October 04, 2002, 12:56:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rob w

I once tried to order some rubber gas tank bushings, Pt.# 51.07.069.100 or # 54.05.060.000 from Al but they were N/A. They're the ones that pop into the frame and cushion the lower front of the gas tank.
 Well now I'm the owner of 200 of them, I searched the nation and found a part that is near identical, they fit and perform perfectly, the compound is the same hardness. There is the operation that requires a lathe and a razor blade, but they turned out great and look the same as the originals with a small radius on the outside. I'm not sure what I'll do with them from here, maybe they're not even hard to find.

Rob

Next up: Fork Stop Bumbers 51.03.090.000

Steve Minor

Rob.....I have 2 projects going on and could use 8 of them (I need 8 but would prefer to buy 10). If you're willing to part with some, let me know how much and I'll get a check off right away.

Steve

Steve Minor

Dennis D

Rob, I would like to purchase 4. Are you comming to the ISDT reunion ride. If so I could pick them up there. If not how much and an address and I'll send you the money. Dennis

Randy Kirkbride

Rob
I can use 6 also.
Let me know when you get the fork stops finished, I need some of them also.
Thanks
[email protected]

Mick Milakovic

Rob, I also need 6.  I'll keep reading this post for details.  Mick.

Mick Milakovic
Delphi, IN
765-268-2570
[email protected]
Mick

rob w

Thanks for your response everyone. I'm glad they will become useful to us. I can report on the cost this evening, and I would be happy to send them out for awhile. I will post the arrangment for swapping addresses later. Like the "clutch push rods", maybe we would be better served to make them available through guys like Al and Larry. I'll check into it.
 Yeah, I'll be at the ISDTRR, see ya there!
Rob.

mad max

Rob I could use 12 over here in the UK let me know how much

john durrill

Rob,
 were you able to come up with a replacement for the fork stop bummpers? part # 51.03.090.000
 we are in need of 2 and would like 4 if possible.
John & Peter

Dennis Jones

Hi Bob
Can you bring some to Portland?

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

rob w

Hi John & Peter,

Oh yes, the "fork stop bumpers".
Nope, I have'nt found the right urethane/plastic material yet.
The mold is done, and that's just great. I've purchased three different types of urethanes, each one after the previous attempt of finding the right material, failed. I've poured three different times so far.
The first time was a success in some respects, because the mold worked nice and the parts looked just like the stock/originals. Only they were way too soft.
The 2nd time was a new material, I asked for something harder,(like a 97 durometer skateboard wheel)only they were way too hard.
And the last material (it's always two quart bottles of fluid that you mix together 50/50 and pour within one minute) they sent would'nt even harden up.
I guess these guys call themselves professionals too. Anyway my next step is to go to a different company, called Polytek, they're more expensive but have more knowledge about this stuff, I need to send them a sample of a original to get started.
I'm super busy right now so it may take longer than you should have to wait. Mean while we need to find you a pair to have, I'll see if I can come up with some. Will let you know by Friday.
Thanks
Bob

john durrill

thanks Rob,
 its for the 72 125 we are setting up for the RR. we have a friend that is comming over from South Africa to ride with us and the 125 is mount.
John D.