On the road with Rick Bennett

Started by Don Roth, August 02, 2019, 02:50:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Roth

First travelogue entry:
"At lunch stop at Fredericktown Ohio, 160 miles in. Penton is running great." (12:48pm Aug 2 2019)

Second entry:
"Stopped for a Frosty at 235 miles, just south of rt. 70, all good."
(4:04pm Aug 2 2019)

Third entry:
"Breakfast stop for 330 miles all good, 40 miles to KY"
(9:15am Aug 3 2019)

Fourth entry:
"In Kentucky, Penton running great!"
(10:50am Aug 3 2019)

Fifth entry:
"At Gen Burnside State Park 527 miles done 179 to get to Chattanooga and the start of the 1000 on Tuesday. My Six  Days is running well. No rain this time, just been hot. I need to check the motor mount bolts when it cools down as my vibration is back. Stopped and bought a small battery charger to recharge my gps. I miss the same 4 shifts each day. Head light still working, yea. Riding alone this time. Need a few others to sign up. "
(5:52pm Aug 3 2019)

Sixth entry:
"Stopped in Jamestown TN for breakfast,118 miles to go"
(10:58am Aug 4 2019)

Seventh entry:
"30 miles to Chattanooga running great"
(1:30pm Aug 4 2019)

Eighth entry:
"Made it,720 miles in good shape"
(3:20pm Aug 4 2019)

Ninth entry:
"First day's riding done, all bikes finished including the 2 Harleys, just over 200 miles for my group. We had a road closed that made for a detour, a few crashes,not me this time, nothing major. I have a small crack in the rear motor mount, everything else is perfect."
(9:58pm Aug 6 2019)

Tenth Entry:
"Finished the 1000 ride   My penton is running good   Left for home this morning    80 miles in now in Crossville TN getting breakfast
I made it to Jamestown Ohio today 425 miles in 11 hours on as many back roads as possible. Will be home tomorrow if all goes well.
Right at 2100 miles so far. This ride was tougher on the motor because of the mountains and the constant shifting. This motor took a ton of abuse and comes back for more!
Only 125 to enter and finish a Vintage 1000 ride. I think the only way to top it will be doing the rides on a Berkshire. I will build one over the winter. I have already signed up.
There was NO cell phone coverage in the mountains to provide updates. I will work on writing the whole story after I get home.
Great bunch of riders, mostly in their 30s. I turned 64 the day I headed off from home."
(8:00pm Aug 11 2019)

Eleventh Entry:
"Headed north, 145 to go, stopped for breakfast."
(10:09am Aug 12 2019)

Home again,, safe and sound, 2370 miles

3putt

Thank You Don !!   Pass along Best Wishes please.

Rain Man

Hey Don ole buddy are you doing this all on secondary state routes?  Great idea, I like it

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

Don Roth

Raymond,
Not I, just acting as a relay station,
little envious,sounds like a hoot.
-don

Pat Oshaughnessy

Don thanks for the relay ! Rick theres a big difference between 64 & 74. Keep doing it while you still can![:p]

Rain Man

Quotequote:Originally posted by Pat Oshaughnessy

Don thanks for the relay ! Rick theres a big difference between 64 & 74. Keep doing it while you still can![:p]
you couldn't of said that any nicer Pat so true:)

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons