Coming to America

Started by Bill Campbell, August 14, 2019, 10:27:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Campbell

Hi all. I will be at the October POG meeting. Can't wait to catch up with everyone

Paul Danik

Hi Bill,

Keep in mind that the Barber Vintage Festival is the first weekend of October and possibly a few of the guys may be in route. I don't know JP's schedule but will try to see what the plans are so that you can surely get a chance to meet up with him. The October meeting date would be October 3rd., unless no one will be in town to attend as they are heading to Barber. I missed the last meeting so I don't know if this was discussed or not.

https://www.barbermuseum.org/events/barber-vintage-festival/in-the-park/2019-grand-marshal1

Paul

ALB

Hi Paul and Bill,

Scott, Dale Fisher, and I are going to the Barber Festival. Since John is the Grand Marshall for the event, John, Jack, and Jeff will also be at the event.
So, the October POG meeting will be held on Thursday October 10.

Bill, I will be looking forward to seeing you.

Alan Buehner
Alan Buehner

Bill Campbell

Oh no. WE planned for the Thursday 3rd thru to the Sunday 6th then we fly to Dallas to connect with our flight home to Oz. Tell me about the Barber festival. Where is it. We might be able to change our itinerary.

Larry Perkins

Barber is the 3rd, 4th, and 5th of October in Birmingham, Alabama.  Swapmeet, Vintage Roadracing, Vintage Cross Country, Vintage Trials, the World Famous Barber Museum, and Mr. Penton is the Grand Marshall!

https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/cc-barber-john-penton-preston-petty-motorsports-park-ahrma-456316

Larry P

ALB

Bill,

I would suggest that you change your itinerary to spend one or 2 days at the Barber festival. Plan on spending at least a half a day to tour the museum.
Google the Barber Festival to see photos of the museum and past events. Nothing else like it in the world.

Alan Buehner
Alan Buehner

Richard Colahan

And get on the web now to find some hotel reservations!

Richard Colahan
1969 V1225
Upper Black Eddy PA
Richard Colahan
1969 V1225
Upper Black Eddy PA

Bill Campbell

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Unfortunately we are already booked to go to Cleveland and stay there from Thursday to Sunday. We arrive Thursday morning from NY. If anybody is around then we will be happy to catch up. Sometimes these things happen and there is not much we can do about it. We will get out and about when we are in Cleveland and find all the great places to visit.

Cheers Bill