What was first Penton to have a KTM engine?

Started by Jackpiner73, October 06, 2002, 09:17:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackpiner73

What year,make,and model?
I had a 1973 Jackpiner 175 and I thought it was the first to be KTM powered, but I'm not sure.

Bob

1972 was the first year for the Jackpiner. It had the KTM engine.

Jackpiner73

Thanks Bob, Do you or does anyone have a good picture of one? I think mine was a 73 but it may have been a 72.

Dennis D

Is there anyway I could get a copy of that brochure from you? I tried to print it and all I can get is the text. Dennis

Jackpiner73

Thanks alot Bob! That looks so much like my old bike. I think mine had a blue PLASTIC tank though. Do you know of any pics of a 73?

Also Dennis D, I right clicked on the photo and then saved the pic to "my briefcase" with no problems. I didn't try to print it though. (low on ink)

Bob

Jackpiner 73, isn't the tank blue in the brochure ?
Better check your monitor because it's blue here.

Dennis, I'll check it with Photoshop tomorrow and make sure it's sized to print. Then I'll email it to you. I can get your address from your profile.

Bob

Quotequote:
Do you know of any pics of a 73?

Sorry, I uploaded all that I have. Try this link:

http://web.tiscalinet.it/ktm70pages/sommario.htm

Larry Perkins

1972 and 1973 Jackpiners look alike.  Both had non hi-breather frame and blue fiberglass tank.  They both also had the black motor, 32mm forks, and the weird kickstand.

Mick Milakovic

Larry,
My Piner was bought new in September of 1973.
It has an engine build date of 11/72 with a silver KTM motor.  It has a frame code of 7-30565657.  I thought that meant a build date of May 1973, but it has a hi-breather frame.  What have I got?

Mick Milakovic
Delphi, IN
765-268-2570
[email protected]
Mick

Rocket

The 72 Jackpiner, black motor, aluminum fenders, Amal carb and full width rear hub.
The 73 Jackpiner, black motor, plastic fenders, bing carb and full width rear hub.
The 74 Jackpiner, silver motor, plastic fenders, bing carb and conical rear hub.
I think??
Rocket

imported_n/a

Jackpiner 73, I picked up my '73 Jackpiner in early June of '73.  It had the black engine, Bing carb, small mx tank, plastic fenders, 32mm Cerianis, magnesium front hub but aluminum rear hub, and a high-breather frame.

Glenn

crash carden

Greetings POGers I saw the brochure on the 72 175 jackpiner that is posted here. I would like a copy of the entire brochure.Does anyone know were I could buy a copy? I am once again the proud owener of my original 72 jackpiner which i'm doing a complete restoration of. It would be nice to have this entire brochure because it came with my bike when i bought it new in april of 73. Thanks for any help. crash carden

crash carden

Hello I'm back again,I tryed to copy this picture but my printer only prints the text. I guess I have Pentonitice cause all I want for Christmas is a copy of this brochure,HA! I've got Christmas $$,thanks again Crash. email [email protected]

john durrill

It looks like sometime in March we started recieving  bikes  with the high breather frame. my 73 ( was made in march) is a high breither but i have a frame from one that was sold in Jan 73 that is a low breather.
 you can tell by the kickstand . if its on the side of the swing arm its a high breather. if its attached below the swing arm its a low breather.