Arkansas Dirt Riders 160 AHRMA event update.

Started by wfopete, September 04, 2019, 10:40:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wfopete

XC course for both Vintage and PV is complete. Trials areas are also done. Last weekend club members participated in the final arrowing, ribboning and marking of the completely different XC course. Lots of flow and lots of tight. No rocks...yes no rocks. If you yearn for a XC course with real single track riding this is it. A 5 mile loop with a couple of minor creek crossings, but nothing serious. No ruts and good dirt. The arrows are outstanding as usual and you will have no trouble finding your way. We are running the XC course backwards from previous years events with a completely new starting area. This is going to be another fun year at the 160. Grass Track course is done with a new lay out, if you want berms you and your bike are going to have to carve them out yourself and as always, it's a fun natural terrain course that rewards the thinking rider. Last year the Grass Track got a little (cough, cough) dusty however this year we have copious amount of water at hand from the local fire department and IF needed we will start watering the course a few days before the event and everyday leading up to and during the weekend of the event.  Heavy grass has held moisture well though. Firework Saturday night and concessions on sight all weekend.  I may turn a lap or two on the XC and Grass Track courses just to ensure it meets POG standards but I believe the both the XC and Grass Track rides will be epic.

Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good
Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good

dennis brown

my son and i will be there should be fun!!

dennis l.brown
dennis l.brown