Where did you ride a Penton this year?

Started by Rick Bennett, September 19, 2019, 07:54:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Bennett

You know my story if you read the newsletter. What's yours?
Rick

tooclose racing

Rick Bennett - the Man, the Myth. Thank you for your contributions/stories.  Penton Rider Of The Year (apology to Wentzels and Sargent's MX accomplishments...) would not do you justice.

I raced some combo of my Pentons at:

White Lightning SC AHRMA
Irish Valley PA AHRMA
Unadilla NY AHRMA  (I don't wanna talk about it..)
Mid-Ohio OH AMA (ditto..but starting last AND 15 seconds after my line left didn't help on that wonderful 90 degree day)

Had a large dog take out my right knee after that so missed several AHRMA NE XC rounds, just getting back on the horse.  Was going to Barber, BUT...will probably do the very NEW King Ferry NY AHRMA race day they are putting together for 10/6 due to cancellation of Logan Farm NY race.

Carl Hill

Raced my Harescrambler at a couple of AHRMA MX events this summer. Won my class at Shady Acres which was good. Had my fuel cap come off at Tomahawk after landing off a jump... definitely NOT good!

skiracer

Raced my 76 175 XC in a couple modern Hare Scrambles in the 200 class.  I came real close to getting the hole shot in one of the races, and immediately was accused of running a 250 in the 200 class.  "I mean, look at the size of that top end, that has to be a 250."  I had to show them a photo of my 250, and had them all count the number of fins on the cylinders.  It wasn't like I was competitive in the race, so, I don't know why they were whining so much,  I guess they couldn't stand little Johnny get beat by a 43 year old bike, and a 63 year old rider. I did manage to beat three other riders on modern bikes; took third for the day....  Nothing more fun that passing a modern bike in the woods!  

1976 250 MC5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1976 250 MC5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa

Moved two Pentons in the museum and pushed my Penton mule out the way so I to get to my grinder. Getting better from last Hospital visit, hope to start riding after heat go's away. Golden years my axx. Old Dave