1980 KTM 420 Plastic/Graphics Wanted

Started by Jeff Reid, October 09, 2002, 08:32:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Reid

I am looking for any plastic parts and graphics for a 1980 KTM 420 I picked up at Mid-Ohio. It is a pretty complete bike but pretty ugly right now. I plan to restore in in GS trim but I'd be interested in any fenders, side panels, gas tank and decals for that bike. Is there anyone that can help?

Jeff Reid, VP Ohlins USA, Husqvarna and Penton/KTM collector
Jeff Reid

imported_n/a

Jeff, I had a 420 in '79, in which I used Klotz race gas.  The gas tank turned an ugly brown that never went away.  Beware of what you run when you finish your restore.

Glenn

sachsmx

Jeff, contact Jake at Fischer Competition Cycles. I believe he still has some of the GS type side panels (no number plates). He may even have a new tank somewhere. NOS front fenders seem to pop up here and there, especially the HiPoint branded ones. Also, there's a fellow who gos buy Dr. 2 Stroke on this board who may have what you need.
I have a 1980 420 MC that I am starting to rebuild myself. I parted out 3 others for spares and a little cash to support my habit. I still have some parts available if needed, but no plastics.

Dr.2Stroke

Yes ,i have plastics for the 420,in rebuilt fiberglass form,very nice  product. My mailaddress: [email protected]

Dr.2Stroke

forgot to mention: i have complete sets of NOS stickers for tank,side panels and the 420 number sheet

Jeff Reid

Dr. 2-stroke, I've sent you an e-mail, still wating for reply. I am interested in your parts and decals. Please contact me at [email protected]

Jeff Reid, VP Ohlins USA, Husqvarna and Penton/KTM collector
Jeff Reid