Swingarm pics needed

Started by Dennis DeGonia, December 23, 2019, 01:51:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis DeGonia

Does anyone have an early style swingarm that they could take some pictures of the brackets and tube where the kickstand mounts? The one on the '72 Piner I am working on are really beat up and I am not having any luck finding another one. Before I go to cutting and trying to straighten mine, I would like to see what it is suppose to look like so I don't over straighten it.:)Thanks, Dennis
[email protected]

johnbowman

Dennis,

If it is set up the same as my 1972 Six Day, I can send you a picture shortly. Just let me know.

John

Quotequote:Originally posted by Dennis DeGonia

Does anyone have an early style swingarm that they could take some pictures of the brackets and tube where the kickstand mounts? The one on the '72 Piner I am working on are really beat up and I am not having any luck finding another one. Before I go to cutting and trying to straighten mine, I would like to see what it is suppose to look like so I don't over straighten it.:)Thanks, Dennis
[email protected]

Dennis DeGonia

John, thanks, but I don't know if the Six Day and the Piner were the same or not. D

Cal Alexander

The kickstand setup on the early Jackpiners was the same as the Six Day. The only differences in the 1972 swingarm was with the pivot bolt area as the KTM motors have no rear motor mount bracket like what was used for the Sachs motors on the Six Day and Berkshire Pentons. I'll send you some pictures of a 1972 Six Day Swingarm Kickstand setup.
75 MC 250
75 Mint 400
74 Jackpiner
74 Hiro
74 Penda
73 Penton Trials
72 Six Day
72 Berkshire
70 Six Day
and a few others