35mm Ceriani Ribbed Front Forks Questions

Started by johnbowman, January 21, 2020, 12:29:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnbowman

Hello everyone!

Does anyone know the OEM fork travel for the 1976 125 Cross Country with Ceriani 35mm ribbed forks?

When did Ceriani start making the 35mm ribbed forks? I'm trying to figure out if they were available before 1975. If so, I should be able to run them in AHRMA vintage class.

Thanks,

John

Larry Perkins

75 models began to have them and on unto 76.They pass AHRMA Tech inspection for Vintage.

Larry P

Carl Hill

Hmmm... interesting.
I may or may not have to try that...

johnbowman

Larry is correct.

Because I got opinions that the forks were both legal and illegal, I emailed the rules committee for AHRMA cross country. They, too, were conflicted and I received responses that the forks were both legal and illegal for the vintage class.

Apparently, this topic had been hotly debated several years ago. After some historical research and input from veteran Penton riders, here is the definitive answer from the AHRMA Vintage Cross Country rules committee:

35mm Ribbed Ceriani forks are legal for the vintage class as long as they are restricted to 7 inches of travel or less.

The AHRMA rule book will be edited to reflect this.

skiracer

As you stated, the amount of travel is the issue. Stock, the forks are not legal for the vintage class though many people run them. You would need to put a spacer in each tube to restrict the travel. The purpose of the exterior rib was to give the longer tube more strength and less flex.

1976 250 MC5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1976 250 MC5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa