Old 2 stroke oil

Started by Steve Minor, March 17, 2020, 05:48:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Minor

I found a few bottles of Castrol 2T 2stroke oil I had stashed away and wondered if it's suitable for the premix ratios used today (40:1, 50:1) or should it be used in old day rations like 32:1? I might just have the best smelling weedeaters in the neighborhood.

Steve Minor
Steve Minor

Timothy Walls

Oh the smell of Castrol racing 2-stroke oil . I can remember riding threw the woods of northern Michigan on a CCC ( Cycle Conservation Club) ride and catching a whiff of that Castrol . That made you want to ride faster to see what exotic dirt bike was ahead of you. Because you knew it would be a CZ , Maico , Husky , or another Penton . The CCC trail rides were great fun back in the 70's .

Timothy Walls
Timothy Walls

Timothy Walls

The more I think about it the good smelling stuff was a racing Caster by the name of Blendzall . Did Castrol 2-stroke have that smell ? Not even close to being as good as todays 2- stroke oil .

Timothy Walls
Timothy Walls

Steve Minor

Yeah Castorol has some smell to it but the smell I loved in the old days came from Klotz bean oil...

Steve Minor
Steve Minor

wfopete

Get all you want here:  https://blendzall.com/

Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good
Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good

Pat Oshaughnessy

If I remember right Blendzall Gold label had race fuel in it. It ran real good! Escalon is just down the Rd. from me.[8D]

Just go down to your local $ store and get a bottle of Castrol oil, about $2.00, put a few drops in the ol weedeater, BINGO