100cc Sachs piston

Started by dirtbike, October 14, 2002, 05:33:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dirtbike

I searched the forum for info about pistons. Didn't really find anything useful.

Can I buy a standard size ø48mm piston for my 100cc engine. Ppl are talking about Wiseco pistons for the 125. Do they manufacture 100cc pistons as well. My piston doesn't show any sign of wear but there are cracks. That is a common thing, right ?

I live in Sweden !
//B Hahn

imported_n/a

Mr. Hahn, check with Larry Perkins or Al Buehner or Jake Fischer for 100cc pistons.  They are listed here on the POG website.

Glenn

Doug Wilford

Hahn;   If those cracks are in the skirt of the piston, you had better get an oversize piston and rebore the cylinder.   Cracks in the corners of the transfer to rear skirt are caused by to much clearances, you can probably get a 25-50mm thickness gauge in between the piston skirt and the cyl wall.   I am sure that there are oversize 100 pistons available, check out Al, Larry and Jake I think they all have them.

dirtbike

Actually the cylinder looks new and the honing can be seen all over. The clearance looks perfect. Heck even the piston looks almost new but then there are these cracks.
Really odd place. From the Pin hole and straight up to the upper ring. The material in pretty thick right there and there is no sign of the crack in the pin hole, inside or the bottom of the ring grooves. Just the surface. I have never seen anything like it.

I'll try with the suggested persons. But I don´t like design of the original piston. Seems crack prone to mee, too thin. Isn´t there any aftermarket pistons ?

Kip Kern

Dirtbike, Is your 100cc a cast iron cylinder or an aluminum cylinder?  Each cylinder takes it's own style piston.  The aluminum cylinder style piston has "ribs/lines" at the top towards the ring area.  Let me know what size piston you need for sure and I'll send one to you, you can't give 100cc pistons away here!  Hopefully I will have one for you. Also, don't forget your mailing address.

Kip Kern

dirtbike

Kip Kern!
I would like a 48mm std size piston. It's an aluminium cylinder with those ribs described by you. I am a careful guy but I honestly wouldn't mind reusing the rings and pin.

You can reach me at [email protected].
Check the bike out at: http://www.mxbikes.com/bikes/ktm/ktm.php

Another thing! The final silencer. Can one buy that one ? I'm missing that part.

//B Hahn

deek

I've got a third over 100 cc piston for the aluminum cylinder. Here's a site you can check out, their closer to you. I've bought parts from them and they were reasonable in price. Nice pix on your site.

Dale

http://www.motorrad-klassiker-ersatzteile.de/eindexx.htm