Some success posting photos

Started by Tom Penton, May 18, 2020, 02:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Penton

Well, I've had my issues with posting photos on the POG site, as many of you also have. I've done Google photos, Flickr and Photobucket, and they all ceased working (disabled embedding ability). Just a couple weeks ago I figured out Photobucket does allow embedding on it's premium pay package, which they had a sale for $7.99 for half a year or something, (but quite expensive after that) and I was about to spring for it, but came across something else (for free) that seems to be working, and hopefully have some legs.

Google's Blogger ( blogger.com ) allows embedding of its uploaded photos. Many already have a google registration ( for gmail, probably) so you're pretty much set up. I've created a blog post labeled "POG Post Photos" and upload photos for POG there. I resize to about 800 x 600 or 1000 x 800 pixels before uploading. To post, right click on the photo at blogger and chose "copy image address". This will copy to the clipboard a website address that ends in .jpg, which is needed for the photo to show up on the POG site. Then in a POG post, chose the photo icon to give two IMG brackets. Paste the copied address between them.

Your Blogger photos are stored on the Google servers at "Google Album Archive", which is accessible by itself. It is a somewhat separate entity from "Google Photos". The photos are placed in Google Album Archive under a folder named "Photos from Blogger".

Tom Penton
Tom Penton