For Sale : Steel Number Plates

Started by slvrbrdfxr, April 20, 2021, 07:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slvrbrdfxr

Anyone out there in Pentonville in need of some steel number plates ?

While working on a recent CMF project, I found that a source to buy steel front number plates containing a headlight cutout for the 4" ZKW bullet headlight had dried up. I ended up getting a local fabricator friend to make one for my project. My previously restored CMF Berkshire has the 4" ZKW headlight and so we used the front number plate from that bike as a template. I had my friend make me a few extra front plates with the 4" ZKW cutout since they were no longer readily available. I'd be willing to sell some of these if someone is in need.

I also had a need for some steel full oval side number plates and had my friend make some of these as well. He used an original Penton steel oval number plate from a Steeltank 125 as a template. I had him make some extras of the full oval side plates too and would be willing to sell some. These plates can be used on both sides on the rear of a Steeltanker plus up front in an MX configuration (no headlight). These will also work on the right side of the earlier CMF bikes that don't have the fiberglass number plate and also up front on the CMF in an MX configuration (no headlight).

Both plates are approx 9" x 11" and made of good quality 22 gauge steel with a rolled bead along the outer edge. They are unpainted and come with no holes drilled. Price is $29 for the full oval plate and $39 for the front plate with the 4" ZKW bullet headlight cutout plus actual shipping.

I'd be glad to send pictures of either type plate to those having an interest in buying. Just email me and tell me what plates you would like to see pictures of. You can email me by using my screen name here on the site and adding @cox.net.

Thanks for looking !

Dave McCullough