Factory exhaust paint look

Started by 242, May 19, 2021, 02:08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I would like to gave my Penton Pelican a factory look. Anyone know how they do this? The pipe is sand blasted and clean. Thanks for any help ol Dave

Don Roth

What most folks do is heat it with a torch then shoot with rustoleum flat black. High temp paint, of course. Works well.

Timothy Walls

Oh I love me some Rust-Oleum High Heat Ultra BBQ paint = Extra Rich color Semi-Gloss Sheen Resists heat up to 1200 deg. - # 241169 Black !

Timothy Walls
Timothy Walls

I was wanting a look with no paint like some of the work bikes, but went with high heat black. When painting exhaust pipes, heads, clyinders, and cases I first spray them with CRC Brakleen, its a brake parts cleaner spray, green can, Walmart. Works for me. Dave

R.T.Fischer

In restoring a first year Jackpiner pipe, I took all  paint off down to original metal then heated up areas around the welds with a propane torch to create bluish / purple heat heat marks & then clear coated it with  Duplicolor engine ceramic clear 500 degree. Came out very cool looking with the colors of the heat marks combining with the blue tank. Also Took the frame down to bare metal, sand blasted, 150 grit, 320 grit , then steel wooled, & applied a 2 pack gas / oil resistant clear. The final look was a sparkly clean metal look in my opinion better than any paint or powder coat, also very easy to maintain along with the pipe as all you have to do is sand an area out & re-clear. Must warn you the labor on the frame was x 3 0r 4 !