1974 Puch 175gs

Started by pgrundy, November 20, 2021, 12:20:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pgrundy

I know this is the Penton board, I've never owned a Penton, but I remember a t shirt in Steamboat back in 95 " I'd rather push a Penton than ride a Maico" that tells you something about owner pride. That said,  and the fact that both Penton and Puch were made in Austria, I'm sure there were suppliers that sold parts to both brands. That brings up the subject of fenders, dose anyone know a source for original steel fenders for the Puch. Thanks, Phil
74 Puch 175 GS
16 Ducati scrambler
19 KTM 790 Adventure
20 KTM 390 Adventure
20 Moto Guzzi V 85 TT

Richard Colahan

I did some XC race prep on a barn-find 73/74 175 GS 2 years ago...sold it to one of our Mid Atlantic region experts who has done quite well on it...at least until the last race of the year when the crank let go as he was in 1st overall with 1 lap to go.
I learned during my Puch mini-education that oem Puch steel fenders with the yellow painted under-sides are rare and expensive! My guess is you'll have to source some new s/s fenders from one of the Brit bike parts suppliers like Walridge or Baxters and have the paint applied. Join up on the Puch Motorcycles Facebook group page where alot of the Puch experts post. You should be able to get good info there. Good luck!

Richard Colahan
1969 V1225
Upper Black Eddy PA
Richard Colahan
1969 V1225
Upper Black Eddy PA

Daniel P. McEntee

I don't know the whole story behind it, but several years ago I happened to see a "Puch/Penton" or a "Penton/Puch" in Dwight Rudders collection. Maybe he'll see this thread and fill us in.
   Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee