clutch springs

Started by kjjy, January 15, 2001, 06:49:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kjjy

Hi all. Just came across this forum.I have a ktm 495 82. I am wondering about about the clutch springs on this bike. I can engage the clutch with one finger? This seems to good to be true. Can anyone tell me the clutch spring free lenght or wear limit. Am also looking manual.  Thanks for any replies kjjy

Heinz Raidel

You'll have to excuse my smarta-- remark here, but you must have one heck of a strong finger!!!!

\\"Sometimes the only mark we make in life is in our shorts.\\"

DKWRACER

You may find your answer by contacting Bobby Lucas in Texas, his number has been mentioned in several past issues of POG newsletter, or can contact Barry Higgins too!
Good luck....

Thomas Brosius

Mark Stout

Kjjy: I just joined POG and noticed your question about clutch springs on the forum. DKWRacer is correct, Bobby Lucas in Arlington, TX is one of the local Penton gurus and should be able to help with an answer.  His pager number is 800/805-8676.

'73 Jackpiner (restoration almost finished) Plano, TX
\\\'73 Jackpiner 175(working on restoration) Plano, TX

KCINC1

CAN YOU STILL GET A SET OF POINTS FOR A 1973 PENTON 125? WILL OTHER IGNITION SETS WORK?

Mark Stout

If you go to the home page of POG, you'll see 5 of our compadres listed who either have replacement points that will work for your '73 125 or can tell you who does. I hope this helps.

'73 Jackpiner 175(working on restoration) Plano, TX
\\\'73 Jackpiner 175(working on restoration) Plano, TX

Mike Lenz

Ihave a repair manuel. email me your adr and ill send you a copy. Sounds like your missing springs! I may even have a set of springs, ill check. I race an 80 420 its the same basic motor.

Mike Lenz