68 Airbox and/or front fender bracket wanted for V074

Started by SouthRider, March 16, 2022, 07:33:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SouthRider

1st off - please don't reply "they're scarcer than hens teeth" - I know!

I'm in the process of restoring V074 and will pay a PREMIUM PRICE for a "tall" 1968 airbox. If you run across or somehow have one please give me the opportunity to reward you for placing it on a bike that deserves it.

ALTERNATIVELY - I recently bought on of the Italian reproduction "short" 68 airboxes - and there is no matching repro airbox "cover" available. I need one of those - or to borrow one so that I can have it reproduced.

LASTLY - I also need to buy or reproduce the "skinny" front fender bracket for a 68. I would really appreciate any help.

I'm not restoring this bike to sell - but to honor Donald "Mike" Burgess, who was Penton dealer #0014 (I believe, but have lost records) in Kenner La (behind the New Orleans Airport).

Mike was my mentor as a racer and mechanic in the 70's, and he was given one of those 1st 10 Pentons in March of 68 -  which he ultimately sold to a friend, thus causing John to send him 2 more, and making him an early Penton dealer.

Any help would be appreciated more than you could know.

Sincerely,

Clark Gristina
Covington, LA
985-630-3333

_____________________________________________________________________________________

\\"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do almost anything, with nothing.\\"

1972 Penton Berkshire 100
1983 Husqvarna 250 XC
2011 Jayco 31.5 RLDS
2009 Chevy 2500 HD Duramax

slvrbrdfxr

Clark,
I let fellow POG member Gary Ellis borrow a Steeltanker original and a repopped skinny front fender bracket so he could try to get some made. He was still working on finding somebody to reproduce them last time I contacted him back in January. You might want to contact him to see what the status is on them or maybe he will chime in on this thread with an update. Best of luck with your project.
Dave McCullough

SouthRider

Thanx Dave - I spoke with Gary about some other things several months ago. I'll check with him. Appreciate your help!
_____________________________________________________________________________________

\\"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do almost anything, with nothing.\\"

1972 Penton Berkshire 100
1983 Husqvarna 250 XC
2011 Jayco 31.5 RLDS
2009 Chevy 2500 HD Duramax