where are the MX pipes?

Started by chris richardson, November 06, 2002, 09:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chris richardson

What happened to the effort to get some repro (aftermarket) performance expansion chambers/pipes made?

I need one each for the Mint and MC5 400.

$$$ ready, Help!
CR

john durrill

chris,
  one of the group is sending me the pipe specs for a 400. its a reprint of an old keeping track. we should have it posted to the Library very soon.
that will help  if you have local welder that will do the job or if you can do it yourself.
John D.

john durrill

Chris,
Glenn supplied a page from past issues of Keeping track. I uploaded it to the Library.
Its in Files.
 it shows how to add 6 Hp to your 400 if you think it needs it chuckle chuckle.
We still need Rob W to measure a stock 400 pipe. The dimensions listed are for how to modify a stock one for some added boost.
John

chris richardson

OK  - Thanks.

We do have both Circle F and ACE pipe makers here in Houston. I'll take the print out to them and let the group know how it went!

CR

chris richardson

Group, I need a diagram with dimensions for a hot mx style pipe for mint 400. Or the pipe itself, of course...

Where do I find the "library" John refers to?

Is the info there something I can take to a pipe maker to make from scratch?

It would seem as though demand is great enough from the racers that suppliers would want to stock a few.

The recent tank effort was great and resulted in a decent product!

I also run a CZ in AHRMA and can buy ANYTHING I need repro/new. Hate to say it, but running a Penton is way more of a challenge b/cause of parts.

Thanks,
Chilly Pepper

john durrill

chris,
the library is  some space we have on Yahoo groups. we can post articles and info on mods , jetting and engines. Its jsut for POG memebers .
 Heres the web address.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PentonRestorationandTechGroup/
John

[email protected]

Guys, I went to the library on Yahoo, signed up,and could not get into the files. What am i doing wrong(sorry, i not very computer friendly). I too would like to make a new pipe for my 400.
           Thanks!

john durrill

Jeff, whats your Yahoo ID . ill look and see why you cant get in.
John

Mike Lenz

Same goes for me. The only thing I can get it to do is ask me to verify my email adr . My user name is MikeLenz2000

john durrill

mike,
 sent you an invitation, lets ee if that works.
John

rob w

John, I would like to get the correct specs to you from a stock "75" 400 exhaust pipe. Could you please email me your fax number or mailing address.

My advise (for what it's worth) to the average guy- you probably don't need six extra horsepower for your 400, unless your name happens to be Kevin Brown (or you have the arms of Hercules)  I will guess your lap times will be quicker with six less horsepower.

john durrill

Rob,
 It should be in your in box.
 thanks. now toninght I need to convert the measurements for the 125 and 175 pipe I have and post them. Mark Annan sent me the spec's for a Carl Cranke 100 pipe. Its based on the 125 CMF pipe. so will post them also.
 If someone has a stock 250 ( We have the 250 Cranke pipe specs posted) pipe they can measure we will have all the pipe spec's in a place everyone can get too.
John & Peter

pipeguy

I would be interested in building these pipes. I would need a bike. My shop is in Ontario CA. http://www.pro-formracing.com

don howard

hi Chris. Iam still looking for a 125 steel tanker six day complete exhaust system. any body know of a maker of such , email me        thanks          don howard [email protected]

tlanders

I spoke at length today with Eric at Pro Form Racing. He is building a 400 pipe for a guy in California and has his bike in his shop to make sure it fits. He is not building a copy of a stock pipe or anybody elses pipe but is designing it from scratch to produce smooth power throughout the whole rpm range. Before you place an order for a pipe with anyone else, I would recommend you call him and check it out. (909) 947-1121