Looking for Radaelli rims for a Six-Days rider

Started by Doug Knight, June 01, 2022, 11:38:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Knight

Have a 11-71 Six-Days that is in need of front and rear rims. Maybe spokes if you have those too. Doug

Doug Knight

Disregard, I found what I was looking for at Walridge in Canada, even shipped yesterday too.

rob w

I've gotten those before. Generic. Even though they call them Radaelli, they do not say Radaelli on them. Maybe things have changed, please let me know if yours are stamped Radaelli. Thanks.

Doug Knight

At this point I will be happy for new steel. This is for a rider. Didn't want  to shell the bucks for Sun's. I'll let you know. Doubt they will come with the bead lock welds too.

Doug Knight

Rims are not stamped Radaelli. Rims are are just plain with no raised edge. Reminded me of a rim on a Yamaha 125 changing out to a 21" back in the day. That's when you had to cut and thread your own spokes if you wanted a 21" wheel.

Dale Fisher

They rust just as like they did back then  :)  I can speak from personal experience.  After a couple days outside at VMD my Walridge Jackpiner rims, nipples, and spokes were all rapidly aged.  Pretty sure mine were stamped Radaelli.
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

Paul Danik

Back in the day whenever I was prepping a new machine or building a wheel I would always coat the threads on the spokes with an anti-seize product.  I still have a few of the machines with those wheels on them and the nipples still turn properly. I realize that does not help the finish from weathering, but for function it sure does help. I also used it on motor mount bolts, swingarm bolts and any other bolts that should be checked for tightness during routine maintenace.  Here is one of the products. Permatex 80078 Anti-Seize Lubricant with Brush Top Bottle, 8 oz.