Bing 26/27mm atomizers

Started by Mike Lenz, August 05, 2022, 10:33:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Lenz

Im looking for the special atomizer from back in the day for the 26/27mm carbs that was mentioned in the tech sheets. Anybody??
TY

KJDonovan

Mike,  I believe the atomizer you are referring to is a 40-404.  Tom Gimmer at GenuineNOS has these for most Bings.  His number is (608) 295-3839.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/191194476738?hash=item2c841430c2:g:VI8AAOSwu4dcL5kY

Thanks,

Kevin
Kevin J. Donovan
Foster, Rhode Island
72 Jack Piner
72 Six Day
73 Hare Scrambler
74 Hare Scrambler
74 Mint

Carl Hill

Hey, just being curious, what is this supposed to improve?
Thanks

Mike Lenz

Low to mid range response.
Kevin the one you linked me to is the newer style larger one for the "new Style" carbs. The one for the older style carbs is narrower.  I will try Mr Gimmer. Thanks!

Carl Hill

I may have to try that. My six-day could use a little help with low end response. Let me know if you are able to get one.
Thanks

slvrbrdfxr

Mike,
Check out eBay item number 195276201717 for the Bing 53 atomizer. These have made a believer out of me after I installed them in a few of my Sachs engine bikes that didn't have the greatest throttle response. Good luck !
Dave McC

Carl Hill

Mike Lenz

Dave and Carl. Those are NOT the atomizer that Im talking about. Instead of 4 large holes on the bottom it has one tiny 1mm hole. I have soldered up those holes on one like you ordered and drilled a 1mm hole. We will see how that works. Bing may also have them. Will report back.

Mike Lenz

I made a mistake. The ones Mr Gimmer has look different than what I thought but I do think they will work. Look the same as the one I got from Bing...and are less expensive. Sorry about that!