Magura Six Day Levers

Started by skiracer, November 22, 2022, 07:46:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skiracer

Does anyone have the six day levers on their bike?  I want to know you get the cable through the adjuster?  There isn't any split in the adjuster to slide the cable through. Thanks!
1976 250 MC5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa

slvrbrdfxr

Good morning skiracer. Yes, the Magura ISDT type levers are a bit different than the standard Magura levers. These require a different style of cable which has a much smaller cable end either soldered or swedged onto the end of the cable at the handlebar side. This smaller cable end allows it to pass through the nylon adjuster assembly. You then have it install a cable saddle to adapt it to the correct size that fits into the actual lever. I've attached a couple pictures below to illustrate. Hope this helps.
Dave McCullough

skiracer

Thanks for the reply Dave.  Talking to Gary Ellis, he recommended that I just slit the barrel so I can get it off the cable, slide the remaining section of the cable through the adjuster and then put the barrel back on....  piece of cake.  The Magura's aren't as nice as my Domino's, but they will have to do.  Happy Thanksgiving everone!
1976 250 MC5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa