DKW/Sachs Questions

Started by Bultaco206, November 09, 2002, 10:37:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bultaco206

I have a DKW 125 project that I'm working on for my wife and I know very little about Sachs engines.  Can I use the Penton parts sources for the motor?  And where can I find cables and such?  I'm also in need of the bar mounting blocks that go on the top plate on the Earles forks, and the extra long shocks for the forks also.  For now I (she) can limp along with the old ones.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Doug Wilford

Yes you can use penton sachs parts for your dkw sachs,  front shocks for the earls forks uh, well you need to find a good sourse for DKW parts, You can try AL B, he may be able to point you in the right direction

john durrill

if you can not find  a source here in the states I know a shop in Germany that can supply things like the front shock. they specialize in the military model but the shocks are the same but for color. they use Pay Pal and are a trusted supplier for parts we can not find here in the states
John & Peter

john durrill

Here is the web address of the little shop in Germany that handls Sachs/DKW  parts
 Its mostly for the military version but some parts are the same on our Pentons. Any one rebuilding a DKW or Sachs bike can get shocks and body parts from them
http://www.motorrad-klassiker-ersatzteile.de/
John & Peter