F/S 1975 Penton 400 Mint

Started by slvrbrdfxr, July 10, 2023, 10:58:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slvrbrdfxr

For sale 74.5 Penton 400 Mint. Serial number 54 41078101, Engine serial number 4-5501220, Engine clock is 7-74. The bike restoration was completed in June 2007. Since then it's been ridden sparingly including in the Penton 40th anniversary parade in Amherst, OH. Bike has been stored covered in my shop so it's still in nice condition today. John Penton looked the bike over shortly after it was restored and signed the gas tank during Vintage Motorcycle Days at Mid Ohio in July 2007. Pictures of this bike were featured in the June 2009 issue of "Rider" magazine for a "Retrospective" artlicle by Salvadore Clement. Bike has all the correct enduro equipment installed including CEV lights with CEV handlebar light switch, brake light switch, crossbar mounted VDO trip speedometer, KTM embossed yellow front number plate with the original top of headlight mounting bracket, and a rear rack with tool bag. Has the original 6v Motoplat ignition with lighting coil and red wire ignition coil. Rebuilt 200mm travel front Ceriani forks, rebuilt 10mm shaft Marzocchi piggyback rear shocks, rebuilt fuel valves on gas tank, new Magura waffle grips, nice Magura dogleg style lever/perches, new No-Toil air filter element, new seat cover, new authentic Hi-Point " Dirt Champion Falk" front fender, new aftermarket Falk type rear fender and new wheel bearings. The engine was not rebuilt at restoration because this project started with a good running bike and so didn't feel the need to tear it completely down. Has a very nice original enduro exhaust pipe. Starts easily, runs and shifts great. Would be a nice addition to someone's personal collection or museum. Bike is located in northeastern Oklahoma but I will also have the bike for sale at VMD Mid Ohio in a couple weeks. If you have an interest or questions please contact me via a direct email using my screen name here and adding @cox.net . Don't miss out on this rare and well equipped big bore Penton as they don't come up for sale very often these days.  Thanks for looking !

Dave McCullough

slvrbrdfxr

Had tons of folks stop by to check out my bikes at Mid Ohio. The 400 Mint did not sell however and is still available. Thanks again for looking !
Dave McCullough

slvrbrdfxr

Hi all,
Just a quick update to this thread and to bump it to the top of the list. This bike is still available for sale. Let me know if you're interested in the bike and are going to the upcoming AHRMA events at either Diamond Dons in TX or at Henryetta, OK. I'm currently not planning to be at those events but maybe we can arrange a meeting along the I-44 corridor or elsewhere if you'll be passing through or near the Tulsa area. Thanks for looking !
Dave McCullough

slvrbrdfxr

Hi all,
Just wanted to update this ad and bump it to the top of the board. This bike is still available for sale and I can deliver it to VMD next month. I have a new pickup truck on order and so would like to sell this bike sometime soon. My original asking price was $7500 and am now lowering the asking price to $6950. Thanks for looking !
Dave McC