SOLD

Started by rob w, November 12, 2002, 12:29:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rob w

Dear Pentonians, I am selling off alot of my parts that I have accumulated so that I can buy one nice runner that I have my eye on. Since the beginning of my resurrection back in april when I brought my first Penton project home, I have uncovered a part of my past that had brought me my greatest joy, my first love, one of the things that made me who I am today, the Penton motorcycle. It's been alot of fun so far, finding the bikes and parts, meeting everyone involved, eventually finishing that first restoration of the 75-400, and most of all riding it. Yep, it's a blast doing this, and I thank you all for helping me. Now the realities of life are telling me that it's time to redirect my energy. What I'm trying to say is, I don't have the time or money to put these bikes back together like they should be. I'm going to keep a few bikes, maintain them well, and spend my time riding/racing.
 So here's what I would like to sell as a PACKAGE.

Three engines, all have good top ends with no damage. Clean bores, no bad fins. The 2 KTM motors have stuck lower ends, which means crank rebuilds and main bearings. On the Sachs someone radiused the transfer ports on the bottom of the cylinder, but that may not affect anything? They are all there, nice side cases on all (full lenghth on RH sides) all have carbs and untested Motoplats, intake and exhaust manifolds.

1974 KTM 250. 4-5402708
1973 KTM 175. (I'll get the #'s tomorrow)
1974 Sachs 125D 1251/6D 7959027

1)74-250 exhaust pipe, cut off stock silencer
1)74-125 exhaust pipe, cut off stock silencer

1)74-250 Frame and swingarm 54-40170866 good condition, unmolested, very little minor surface rust.
1)74-125 Frame and swingarm, 408 76099 good condition, rewelded rear, lower motor mount. little surface rust.

2 pairs, 35mm Ceriani forks, w/triple clamps, bar clamps. No rust, straight, good condition.

1 set, 1974 250 front and rear Akront wheels with brakes and axles.
1 set, 1974 125 front and rear Sun wheels with brakes and axles.

3) Air boxes, good to slight repair needed
2) Enduro fuel tanks, bad
1) 74 GP seat, VG base, OK hardware, good foam, needs cover.
1) good seat base, rusty hardware,no foam
1) large CEV head light and mounts

1978 KTM GS6 400, frame, swingarm, rear brake stay/chain guide, forks, triple clamps, tank, lower rear fender, brake pedal, footpegs,seat base.

and other misc. parts I will get back to you on.

Each and all the parts listed above are cleaned up, but in need of paint.

I will deliver free to Chicago, Cleveland(POG Meeting) or Thayer, MO. and parts in between.

Total Price= $1155 (just what I paid for it).

Write you tomorrow, Robert.
[email protected]

Edited by - ROB W on 11/12/2002  12:38:05 AM

Edited by - rob w on 11/12/2002  02:34:02 AM

Edited by - rob w on 11/17/2002  8:21:23 PM

Mick Milakovic

Rob,
Keep us posted if you don't/can't sell your stock as a package.  I'm sure most, if not all of your parts would sell as individuals, and probably make you more money!

Mick Milakovic
Delphi, IN
765-268-2570
[email protected]
Mick

metalkfab

Rob, Hope your new project is worth it. I'll take this stuff off your hands ,if it is still available.E-mail me [email protected]

rob w

All of the parts are sold .
 Thanks Karl.
Now there will be a new 76 125 MC5 on the circuit next year.