74 six days

Started by Carl Hill, April 09, 2024, 01:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carl Hill

OK folks I finally dig up the original cases from my 74 Berkshire. I remember when I got it (apparently well used) in 1978 it had paint marks on the engine and the wheels too if I am not mistaken. Anybody know if they used this at the six-days or the qualifiers?

Daniel P. McEntee

I entered the Potosi Qualifier 1975 on my "75 250 Husky WR, I think it was, and went through tech inspection and bikes parts were painted. I think there could still be paint dabs here and there on it. Engine cases, brakes and hubs and shock. The pre-event instructions called for the head and cylinder to be drill with aligning holes for a lead seal, but they didn't install that. I have my late little brothers '73 259 Husky RT that the original owner ran the '73 or '74 qualifier on in Potosi, and his bike got the same treatment. I still have both bikes and both are unrestored in original condition.
  Type at you later,
    Dan McEntee

Carl Hill

Thanks, mine had the holes drilled as well. Sure wish I knew who rode this thing when it was new. If anyone has any ideas let me know.
I purchased it near Lorain Ohio.