(Don't) Fall Ozark Turkey Cross

Started by tlanders, November 18, 2002, 11:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tlanders

It's this weekend in Thayer, MO!!! The weather will be great!!! I hope we get more Pentons than Hodakas to show up. Bob (Rob W) are you still planning on coming? What about Dave Withrow? Edd Kubic? Mike Lenz? Mark Schmidt? Mark Annan? All the rest of you? We have prizes for 1. Farthest distance traveled. 2. Oldest rider. 3. Oldest bike 4. Each rider on the Marque with the most bikes entered. 5. Everybody gets a gift bag at sign up with PJ1 chain lube, Scott fog wipes, O'Neal catalog, etc. There will be a new helmet given away ($2 raffle with the proceeds going to charity). The mx course has been made vintage friendly with a new grass track section added. Hope you all can make it. Check out the track's website at //www.thayermx.com.
Teddy

rob w

Teddy,

1370 miles round trip/72 gallons of gas $106
2 nights in a skid hotel                $ 90
Entry fee                                $20
Gut wrenching road burgers               $45
Bike repairs                            $100

Roosting that Penton around a grass track in the Ozarks on a brisk fall day...   PRICELESS!!!

Wild horses could'nt drag me away.

Ted, About how much practice will we possibly have? No riding on Saturday, correct?

Edited by - rob w on 11/19/2002  01:16:32 AM

Edited by - rob w on 11/19/2002  02:35:08 AM

Dave Withrow

Hey Teddy,
    It is with much regret that I must turn down your invitation to Thayer.  I got on their website and it looks like a neat place.  If it were strictly up to me.....but then it never is (ha).  Good luck to you and all the guys.  Tell 'em I said "hi".  Happy holidays and see you in Feb. (where's Waldo?)

tlanders

Tony Ackerman is the track owner and he is going to let people practice on Saturday and camp Saturday night. I loved your Mastercard take-off Bob. Larry Perkins said he was going to come out of retirement for this and with Burma Wolf coming that is four Pentons for sure. I wish I hadn't blown up three Pentons in the last month of racing, I'ld bring them all and loan 'em out and we'ld all win the most riders on one Marque prizes.
Teddy