wanted

Started by cardojr, December 07, 2002, 10:43:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cardojr

I'm looking for a centerstand & a front fender brace for my 68 berkshire--I'd like to get my parts in order&complete before I start the big ressurection-also a question on hardware-can i get a full nut & bolt package anywhere or should i part store the pieces individually ?
thanks ,Rob Card
tdcard @ rconnect.com

Doug Wilford

Reproduction center stands for the early Pentons are on the drawing board,  Al Buehner will have them when Karl at CustomMetalFab gets time to make a few.   What is the number on your 68 frame at the steering head?   It will be  V-0000  The early 68 had a narrow front fender bracket later some where in the 69 year they became wider.   Can't help on finding one now, keep an eye on e-bay  Check with the parts listed people.   I know of no one that sells a complete nut and bolt package.  Most all metric sizes are available in local hardwares or fastener companies.

Edited by - Doug Wilford on 12/08/2002  11:37:47 AM

DKWRACER

I have an original front fender brace, it is tubular in style, I can send jpeg if you send me your email address,,,,
[email protected]

Thomas Brosius

cardojr

Doug-thanks for the info on the centerstand.
I'll put in an order with Al.
I believe my serial # is "v973"-I even have the original headlight if it was a cev unit.
Do you know if the tail light was a generic unit or if it was made just for pentons?
When I start buying bolts,I'll put together and post a list of all sizes that are used-I have a friend who's a Fastenal rep-he may be able to help in regards to setting up a base bolt pack--probably all but the swingarm and axle bolts
thanks-rob

Doug Wilford

V-+three numbers would indicate a late 1968 or early 69 it was probably sold as a 69  The fender brace would most likely be the tubular narrow one.    Good Luck and have fun.