Call To Arms

Started by metalkfab, December 27, 2002, 01:10:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metalkfab

The Missouri Vintage MotoCross Series is having a having a First Annual 100cc race,sponsored by Strictly Hodaka on May 24th.Any Pog members(Berkshire enabled) willing to the task,please mark this date.Web site ://www.movmx.com

Jeff D

Curtis Harper is building a complete new VINTAGE FRIENDLY track for the MOVMX series races at his place.  ALL POG'rs (not just Berkshire-ites) will love it!  It will have something for everyone...good jumps, off-cambers, hills (up and down) twisties, and at least one WFO straight-away.  Total track length will be at least a mile!  He's had work parties out there the past 2 weekends clearing brush to make it safe for racers and spectator-friendly as well.  If anyone remembers the "old track" that went up the hill and through the pasture on the right of the driveway (last 2 years have been on the left), this is where the new track will be, except that it will be tons better than the original old track.  Party on!

Jeff DeBell
Jeff DeBell

tlanders

Looks like I need to get a 100cc Sachs engine or a red tank for my Six Day!!!

tlanders

AirBob,

The 100cc Hodakas I believe are reed valved. Can a 100cc Sachs compete? Did or does anyone make a reed kit for the 100cc Sachs? Did the Bershire exist in 1972 when the CMF frame came out? When did the Bershire stop being produced? It did use the same frame as the Six Day right? Phast Phil wants me to put one together for the race. Any other Bershires going to this?

Teddy

Rocket

Teddy
Just happen to have an extra red Berkshire tank.  Can't imagine you would be the first to ever run a 125 as a 100!!
Rocket

tlanders

I guess I need a cylinder, head and piston in addition to the tank!!! Can I use the Six Day pipe with it? Anyone have these parts? What do you want for the tank Rod? email me at [email protected]. Thanks

Teddy

tlanders

I have a couple red tanks, but they are the big 1975 variety, I would expect the bershire tank would be a small mx tank like my CMF Six Day has right?

metalkfab

The small MX tank was available on any Penton.If you bought a Penton with the enduro setup it had the larger toaster tank.If it was setup for MX it usually came with the small tank.As for the pipe.I've found that they were identical,however if you hopped up the motor with specs from Penton Imports they spec'd a smaller stinger and shorter cone on the chamber.Al Buehner might have a 100cc top end.

Rocket

Teddy
My red tank is a toaster style.
Rocket

Dwight Rudder

I love Hodaka 100s. I have several. I am also in process of building a 1970 Steel Tank 100 Berkshire. I believe this actually might be better as a 100 than the 1972 CMF type. Smaller frame. I remember when ( Adm.) Rick Grant had a factory ported Sachs / Hercules 100cc. The thing ran like a 175 for a short while. They had widened the exhaust port a bit too much without a bridge.  I think AHRMA ought to give better recognition to 100cc machines.
Cher'o,

Dwight Rudder
7 time ISDT / E medalist
7 time National Enduro Class Champion.

tlanders

Thanks for checking in Dwight. Didn't Penton go to the CMF design to achieve better handling or wasn't the result better handling? Is the CFM frame with plastic tank heavier or lighter than the steel tank frame and tank? I really believe that Kent K is right when he says that rider weight is more important than frame weight, so therefore, handling and power are the important variables. So does the steel tank handle better than the CMF design?

tlanders

AirBob,

The 100cc Hodakas I believe are reed valved. Can a 100cc Sachs compete? Did or does anyone make a reed kit for the 100cc Sachs? Did the Bershire exist in 1972 when the CMF frame came out? When did the Bershire stop being produced? It did use the same frame as the Six Day right? Phast Phil wants me to put one together for the race. Any other Bershires going to this?

Teddy

Rocket

Teddy
Just happen to have an extra red Berkshire tank.  Can't imagine you would be the first to ever run a 125 as a 100!!
Rocket

tlanders

I guess I need a cylinder, head and piston in addition to the tank!!! Can I use the Six Day pipe with it? Anyone have these parts? What do you want for the tank Rod? email me at [email protected]. Thanks

Teddy

tlanders

I have a couple red tanks, but they are the big 1975 variety, I would expect the bershire tank would be a small mx tank like my CMF Six Day has right?